Tags : Home >> Product Reviews >> Hair Oils
So, Argan is the latest fad in the beauty industry, right? Every skin care products, every anti-aging formulation, every dry hair issue has answer in argan oil. I had been long thinking about getting one bottle of myself but I had so many other products to finish off before that and voila, a products lands on my door step.
This is Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil. Does Morocco not sound very exotic? In fact, long time back, I had one reader, Karima, from Morocco who was in regular touch with me. It has been long since I have heard from her but if I ever do, the only thing I would ask her is to bring me dozens of argan oil bottles from there 😀 She once said Moroccan Argan Oil is the best and original and amazing for everything!!
Hey Karima, if you are reading this, would love to hear from you 🙂
And, so, I am here today with something hopefully almost as original as it can get. Honestly, reviewing it is a real challenge because I have no idea how authentic argan oil smells or feels. I just know that argan oil is very thick in consistency but it smells a little sweet and I am not really sure if I like it!! Anyways, lets get started.
Loving It / Using It : Using It
[Click to Tweet This!]
- Price: 43$ for 50ml
- Availability: Online Website
- Smell: It has a faint fragrance smell which does not linger for long nor affects the nose!
- Packaging: Comes in a dark amber colored bottle with a dropper! Btw, real argan oil breaks down on exposure to light so real ones come in dark bottles. Dropper screws on tightly so travel-friendly as well.
- Ingredients: Well, it does not say anything about the ingredients on the packaging but in the website, it mentions Special Ingredients –100% Argania spinosa kernel oil (Pure Argan Oil), Hydro Cordium: Vegetable based amino protein (strengthener), Purely Natural Plant Control-oil: Supplies hair nutrients and provides a protection layer, Multiple Tartaric Acid Complexes: Facilitate cell rejuvenation. So, I have no idea what to make of it. As far as I have read about real argan oil, it should have only 100% Argania spinosa kernel oil mentioned on the packaging.
- Texture: The product is thick and does feel a bit sticky after applying the product.
- Quantity: Just one drop is enough for a shoulder length fine hair. A bit more and hair might feel weighed down. So, the product would last reallyyyy long which makes the worth a bit justified!!
- Results. So, any leave-in should be applied on just a teensy-bit damp hair. So, same goes for this. Just the right amount makes the hair extremely tangle-free and soft. In the starting when I was using it, I thought it was making the hair a bit rough. But, later on, the results changed. So, the results also depend on what shampoo and conditioner you are using. But, yes, it would not nourish your hair or make it super shiny. Because, I felt it just sits on hair instead of nourishing it. My splits returned even after the hair cut! And, dry Hair needs something else before applying this like some aloevera gel or a drop of oil. But, it does control frizz. Now whether it ends up causing product build-up is something I can not comment on!!
So, yes, this product is worth a try because it might work out amazing on some kinds of hair as well. Also, it should not be applied on scalp, only on hair length.
Have you heard about the product? Would you like to Argan oil on your hair?