Long long back, I remember reading a comment on my blog about how a reader uses olive oil + sugar every single day to keep her skin soft. Well, as much as I love sugar or salt for scrubbing, I would love to say it is not for everyday. Exfoliating everyday harms the skin in the long run. In fact, recently, I came across an article which claims that it is better to skip exfoliation altogether as a skin care step. And, then, I thought it might be a good idea to look at the reason why we should do so.
|photo credit: FoundryParkInn via photopin cc|
So, now that winters are almost in full swing, hopefully you are doing what I am doing these winters! And, then, now my skin is absolutely perfect. But, then, I suddenly noticed my entire face is not so soft! In fact, one of my readers also sent out the same query. Check out!
I use fair n lovely face wash I also apply the same cream after my wash….n when I touch my skin honestly I do not feel anything like cracking and all…I sense it smooth…but at the same time when I touch the corner part of my nose I feel it rough n its like skin coming out! What should I do?
What is the best time to Exfoliate?
What to use for Exfoliation?
Never Exfoliate on Dry or even Damp Skin!!
Don’t forget these areas during exfoliation!
- crevices around the nose where it generally gets dry and skin peels off – extend your nose as if you are removing blackheads and scrub the crevices thoroughly!
- corners of the lips – extend your mouth like you are applying the lipstick and scrub off the corners.
- inner curve below the lower lip and above the chin – extend the lower lip over the lower jaw to make the curve flat and scrub it
- on and behind the ears
- lips – press your lips tightly to avoid tasting the scrub :P, and, finally
- neck lines – extend your neck like a giraffe and giving it a thorough scrub. Moisturise in the same way!!
|photo credit: FoundryParkInn via photopin cc|
Leave the scrub on for sometime to help it soak into the Skin
So, now that you have scrubbed your face, leave it on for sometime while you finish washing or scrubbing yourself. That will make the skin even more softer and helps the active ingredients of the scrub to soak into the skin.
And, finally, wash off with luke warm water and last rinse should be cold water. Do NOT forget to Moisturize. Just because your skin is feeling awesome does not mean you forgo the skin care routine. So, do not forget to tone and moisturize your skin with your favorite oil or serum.
And, now, we have one more thing!
Type of Skin and Frequency
Now, this has been said time and again that oily skin should not be exfoliated as often as dry skin. For one, oily skin if exfoliated regularly produces more oil causing more oiliness. And, dry skin accumulates more dead skin which needs to be removed regularly for a fresh and glowing look. So, twice a week is enough for oily skin and for dry skin, thrice a week of exfoliation is enough.
So, what all steps do you follow? Do you have any exfoliation tips!!
Loving It / Using It : Using It
- Price – Rs 68 for 90 gms
- Availability – generally available on online stores like flipkart, nykaa. Vaadiherbals.com is the existing brand website as well.
- Packaging – Product comes in a plastic tub and will not leak. The tub is small enough to be carried around.
- Texture – The scrub is grainy and creamy. The grains are less in density and not very harsh so they do not tear on the skin but generally, it is advised to skip on the grainy scrubs as they can cause micro-tears in the skin and harm the skin in the long run.
- Usage – The product is a little more creamy so a bit of product diluted with water applies smoothly on the skin. Since it is a body scrub, it can be applied on both the face and body. I would say that it is gentle enough but still I would prefer to avoid it on face.
- Results – Even though the product is creamy, it does not feel as if it leaves a residue after washing off. And, it does leave the skin shinier than before and the moisturiser gets absorbed real quick after a scrub session. And, it does not leave the skin dry as well. But, yes, it would not do anything like removing the dark spots and all which it does not claim to do either. Yes, one thing, I did not notice if they really made a difference to the blackheads, though!
- Ingredient List – Vaadi Herbals is notorious for not specifying the ingredient list which puts me off the brand a bit.
Well, it definitely is a product to try out. I did like it.
Have you tried the product? Have you tried any other product from Vaadi? How did you find it?
After a really long time, I resorted to some DIY and I have huge expired Cadbury cocoa powder jar. So, what can be a better way to use it all 🙂 Enjoy the recipe and don’t forget to try it out!!
- 3 table spoon sugar
- 1 table spoon fuller’s Earth or multani mitti
- 1 table spoon rose petals powder
- 1 tablespoon spices (mixture of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves)
- Honey (as required)
- Essential Oils (optional)
- Masoor Dal (Red Lentil)
- Almond Oil