apple cider vinegar
So, yes, I know most of you are facing this problem right now or would be in the coming subsequent months of August-September depending on when monsoons hit your town. So, be armed with this simple DIY to get rid of dandruff.
- Apple Cider Vinegar / Fruit Vinegar / Vinegar
- Green Tea
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Essential Oils (Lavender / Tea Tree / Your favorites except Lemon and Citrus family) (optional)
- You can use rose water or tea tree water or even your favorite toner in place of green tea.
- Essential Oils are helpful in warding of the vinegar smell.
- Wipe off your face with this toner in the morning instead of washing your face. It will take off all the dirt (if any). The smell will disappear in 15 minutes. And, while showering, you can simply splash water on the face.
Apple cider vinegar contains valuable minerals such as Phosphorus, Calcium, Sodium, Potassium, Iron, Magnesium, and Chlorine. It also contains Sulfur, Copper, Silicon, Fluorine, Provitamin beta-carotene, Pectin and malic acid. (Source: Wikipedia)
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Weight Loss – It suppresses the fat accumulation in the body especially around the tummy
- Skin – It prevents against breakouts and acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Improves immune system
- Controls the cholesterol levels
- Increases the stamina
- Increases metabolism
- Improves digestion
- Prevents stone formations in the body
These are just a subset of the health benefits which can be acquired from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar regularly. You will get plethora of results when you google it so I have just summarized a few here.
Risks of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- Acetic Acid (present in any vinegar; ACV has high concentration of acetic acid) can lower potassium levels in the body and reduces the bone density making the bones weaker in the process
- Since ACV has high acidity, it shouldn’t be taken raw
How to drink Apple Cider Vinegar??
The above mentioned risks are associated with intaking of ACV on a regular basis for a very long time. Thus, keeping this in mind, I had advised to intake ACV during breakouts and dilute only a tablespoon of ACV per day in a liter of water.
To reap the benefits of ACV, drink ACV only once in three days (when not facing breakouts; during breakouts make it once a day) diluting only a tablespoon of ACV in a liter of water. This is safe and would give the amazing benefits of ACV.
P.S.1: Happy April Fools Day!!! Sorry for the belated wish. In fact, I had totally forgotten about it. So, how many of you got fooled today???? Do share your amusing experiences 🙂
P.S.2: Finally, the world cup is here. So, lets hope India wins!!! All the best guys 🙂
Hey guys!! I have been missing since a long time and have been giving you all a really weird collection of on and off posts which are not at all close to skin or hair care. I shall remain MIA for some more time and sporadic posts might continue. I am not ill or traveling or anything of the sort, just that I am having blogger’s block 😀