Lip Balm is very important for taking care of your lips. As you use lotion or moisturizer for body and cold cream for face, lips also need to be moisturized. Today, I am posting a recipe for lip balm with sunscreen properties.
– 2 Vitamin E capsules
- Melt Vaseline / Petroleum Jelly / Beeswax / Shea Butter / Cocoa Butter in a double broiler ( put a pan inside a pan). The butters or the waxes would melt and becomes liquid. At this point, remove the heat. The present heat would be enough to make the balm. (I used a 25ml vaseline jar so the measurements are according to that quantity. Vary them according to the quantity you are using.)
- Pour 20 drops of sesame oil and 10 drops of coconut oil. Sesame oil and coconut oil have sunscreen properties. Sesame oil blocks 60% UV and coconut oil blocks 20% UV.
- Pour 5 drops of almond oil. Almond oil keeps your lips soft and moisturized for a long duration.
- Remove the container from the broiler or heat completely now.
- Prick two capsules of vitamin E and empty the contents into the container.
- Wait for three minutes (do not let it get too solid, just wait for it to cool down a little) and put 5 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Stir all the ingredients together. It will begin to solidify in a matter of 5 minutes. Leave the mixture for an hour to solidify properly and then scoop it out and store in a small glass jar.
- Do not use food flavorings because they irritate the skin and cause dryness.
- If your balm becomes too soft, add a bit more of vaseline / butters and if it is too hard, pour more of almond oil.
- For chocolate flavored lip balm, melt grated chocolate in the broiler along with the butters or jelly. Remove from heat and add oils. Mix all ingredients and your chocolate flavored lip balm is ready.
- You can put a tea spoon of honey into the mixture for a more glossy and sweet smelling balm.
- Stand against the wall at one arm distance placing both your palms on the wall in a horizontal position. Your arms should be parallel to the ground. Now, bend your elbows towards the wall and move only your upper body towards the wall without bending your back like doing push ups against the wall. You will feel the tension near the diaphragm. Now, release your elbows and move back into the original position. Repeat the exercise for 50 times daily.
- Stand straight in an attention position. Rotate the shoulders in a backward motion without moving any part of the body for 100 times daily. You should feel the movement in the breasts.
Immerse your hair completely in a wash stand full of milk and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash off. Your hair would become shiny instantly. You can use a cup of milk as a last rinse also.