Moral of the Story: Get the best out of your money.
You must follow your shampooing and conditioning routine by a last rinse which would provide shine to hair and make it even more softer. There are many natural ingredients which are very good to maintain hair. Some of the rinses are listed below:
- A cup of Honey dissolved in a mug full of water gives shine and restores its vitality. It improves the scalp condition.
- The juice of one whole lemon in a mug full of water gives hair shine and removes dandruff. It also turns hair light so be cautious while using it.
- Indian Gooseberry (amla) rinse. Boil couple of gooseberry’s in a liter of water till water remains half of its original. Strain and store liquid. It will stay for a week. Use it for rinsing hair every time. It makes your hair smooth, conditions your hair and encourages hair growth. It also improves the hair texture and health. You can also use the liquid to dilute your shampoo. It improves the scalp health too.
- Curry Leaves Rinse. Boil curry leaves in water. Strain and store and use it as a hair rinse. It imparts shine to your hair.
- Rice Water Rinse.You can rinse your hair with the water which is left behind after boiling the rice. It makes an excellent hair rinse and conditions your hair well. It gives shine too.
- Fenugreek rinse. It improves hair thickness and its health. It also conditions your hair. Use it to dilute your shampoo too.
- Floral Water. It gives shine to your hair and improves its health.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse. Mix 1 cup of vinegar with a mug full of water and pour it over your hair. Your hair will shine with health. The smell of vinegar dissipates in 15 minutes as your hair dries.
- A cup of tea (herbal tea like green tea, black tea, etc.). Green Tea gives shine. Black Tea is used to darken hair color. You need to rinse with black tea many times following up every time you wash your hair. Your hair will darken over a matter of time.
- A cup of coffee is also used to give color to hair. Similar to black tea, you need to follow it up every time you wash your hair. It gives a pretty brown shade to your hair with a gloss.
- Sage rinse. Boil handful of sage leaves in a liter of water till it remains half of original and use it as a hair rinse and also to dilute the shampoo. It gives shine and darkens the hair color. You can use it to dye your hair naturally.
- Henna Rinse. Boil henna leaves in water and use it as a rinse. It darkens your hair color and conditions your hair.Instead of applying henna mixture on head which is pretty messy, you can sue the hair rinses to get the same benefit.
- Beetroot Rinse: One of the best colors. It gives an auburn tint to your hair which will shine as highlights in sun. Boil beetroot in water till it becomes half of the original volume and use it as a rinse.
Scalp massage increases blood circulation (blood carries nutrients vital for hair) to your scalp, relieves you of mental stress, reduces hair loss and aids in hair growth. If done everyday for 15 minutes, it can help the hair growth tremendously and relax your mind and prepare you for a good sleep. There is a technique of performing scalp massage.