FOR OILY SKIN
1. Wash your face with lukewarm water.
2. Mix the peel powder with lime juice and rose water.
3. Apply this paste over your face and neck. Allow it to dry for 15 minutes.
4. Wash it off with clean cold water and pat dry your skin.FOR DRY SKIN
1. Gently wash your face with an hydrating face wash and warm water
2. Mix pomegranate peel powder with honey and milk. Blend it well to form a paste.
3. Apply this smooth cream evenly on your face and neck avoiding eye areas. Leave it for 20 minutes.
4. Wash it off with clean water and apply a moisturizer.
FOR NORMAL SKIN
Follow the same procedures listed above as per your convenience. You can mix little fuller’s earth and rose water with the pack for a relaxing and cooling effect.
When I face dandruff, I use the mix of coconut oil and half a lemon’s juice and leave it on my scalp and hair over night. And, in the morning, I wash it. Lemon is a bit drying that’s why I use it with coconut oil to prevent the drying. I use it continuously for 3-4 days. Then, for 2-3 days I use it every other day. By then, my dandruff is gone and I am with happy hair once again 🙂
So, we talked about physical and chemical sunscreens in this post. I explained that I do not prefer chemical sunscreens because they produce free radicals in the body. So, now, we come down to physical sunscreens. Now, there are only two ingredients which has the properties of being physical sunscreens – Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide.
- Amount of sunscreen you apply
- Diligence in reapplying the sunscreen
- Its shelf life (the newer the sunscreen, better it works)
- Sunscreen doesn’t prevent tanning, though Zinc Oxide based sunscreens do tend to prevent tanning as much as I have surmised.
- Sunscreen doesn’t protect you from sun completely. It just tries to block some of the radiations (at max 98-99%) so keeping away from sun is the best solution. Try to use protective clothing while in sun and don’t forget to reapply.
- Take Care of your skin well afterward. Always double cleanse to remove sunscreen and use ice cubes to soothe the skin everyday. It acts in two ways – helps to remove tanning and also calms down the skin after a day in sun.
- Applying sunscreen doesn’t mean your skin is not getting Vitamin D. It is a huge misconception.
I think I have addressed all points but if you think something is left out, please do let me know.