Do not discard the petals. Use them as part of face packs or put them in bath water. If you do not want to use them, put them in the garden. They will turn into manure.
“Whatever can be put into your mouth can be put on your skin or hair.”
A great tip for reducing oil in your hair.
Soap nut is a fruit available in India. The fruit is crushed to make soap. It has a component called Saponins which is a natural surfactant. It is used in washing and cleaning purposes. You can use soap nuts to wash, practically, everything.
- Soap nuts are good for hair washing. They make your hair silky and smooth.
- You can put 4-5 soap nuts in a wash cloth and put it in the washing machine instead of a detergent. They would be enough for a 4-5 loads of clothes.
- They can be used for washing your utensils, jewelery, toilets, tiles and floors.
- You can clean your windows and furniture.
- You can spray them on your plants. It would keep the pests and insects away eliminating the need of any insecticide or pesticide.