Soap nut is a fruit available in India. The fruit is crushed to make soap. It has a component called Saponins which is a natural surfactant. It is used in washing and cleaning purposes. You can use soap nuts to wash, practically, everything.
- Soap nuts are good for hair washing. They make your hair silky and smooth.
- You can put 4-5 soap nuts in a wash cloth and put it in the washing machine instead of a detergent. They would be enough for a 4-5 loads of clothes.
- They can be used for washing your utensils, jewelery, toilets, tiles and floors.
- You can clean your windows and furniture.
- You can spray them on your plants. It would keep the pests and insects away eliminating the need of any insecticide or pesticide.