Below is embedded a video by Baba Ramdev. It is an hour long and so much full of tips that first I thought of recounting them here. But, it is just impossible to. So, I”ll just write a short summary about the video.
- wrinkles, pimples, acne, moles on our face
- split ends, damaged hair, weak hair, hair loss or promoting hair growth
- keeping lips and eyes in the best of their conditions
- improving the health problems caused by irregular periods like back problems or stomach problems or heavy blood flow
- infertility due to closed fallopian tubes, smaller size of the uterus, fibroids and cysts in the uterus
- migraine and regular headaches
- improper functioning of any part of the body
- weight loss for people with excess fat and weight gain for people who are too thin
Some simple Grandmother’s Remedies (Dadi Maa Ke Nuskhe) for hair loss and chapped lips.
- Apply some oil in your belly button to prevent dry and chapped lips.
- Rub the nails of both your hands against each other. Exclude the thumbs if you do not want to grow a mustache and beard. This can help even bald men regain their lost hair. The simplest and most inexpensive remedy for hair loss and promoting hair growth.
- Apply Mustard Oil / Sesame Oil / Coconut Oil to your hair for keeping it healthy and black. Mustard Oil is the best for cooking purposes and body massages whereas sesame oil is used in all Ayurvedic preparations.
Last week, I talked about walking as a simple exercise to kick start your day and reduce your weight. Today, I am talking about a habit which is often overlooked. But, it is the key to enjoy food and derive all the vital nutrients from it. Developing this habit would need a more conscious effort than others but it is the one which pays out the maximum.
Today, I would be talking about the benefits of lemon juice for our body. We are all advised to drink a glass of water with lemon juice and honey mixed in it in the morning to lose weight. Right? Does it really work? Well, it did never work for me. But, I have found other benefits of doing the same. Or, probably a little different. Because, I am pretty lazy so I squeeze a half lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it. I do not bother to mix honey in it as I do not like to take much of sugar and am too lazy. And, guess what. It has done wonders for my skin and body.
- Applying lemon juice to the skin helps in lightening the blemishes and any scars or dark spots. But, do not apply lemon juice alone. Mix it with honey or any face mask and then apply.
- Lemon is good for bleaching the facial hair. Mix honey and lemon juice and apply it over the face and you would find in a month, the facial hair is no more. It actually does not go away but simply gets bleached and is not any more visible to the naked eye unless looked from very close.
- Lemon juice when applied to hair helps in curing dandruff.
- Lemon juice can be used as a last rinse to bring shine in the hair.
- If you want to lighten your hair color, apply lemon juice on your hair and go and sit in sun. The heat will help lemon bleach your hair. If you do it pretty frequently, you might even end up with blond hair color.
- Mix it in face masks. It helps bring a glow on your face by cleaning your skin right down to the pores.
- Lemon peels can be infused in hair oil to get its benefit stated above in point no. 3 and 4.
- You can grind the dried lemon peels and use it as a body scrub. They leave a refreshing scent on your body.
- Pour lemon juice into the bath water to experience a refreshing bath.
Feed lots and lots of water in every way you can to your body.