Today, I would be talking about the benefits of lemon juice for our body. We are all advised to drink a glass of water with lemon juice and honey mixed in it in the morning to lose weight. Right? Does it really work? Well, it did never work for me. But, I have found other benefits of doing the same. Or, probably a little different. Because, I am pretty lazy so I squeeze a half lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it. I do not bother to mix honey in it as I do not like to take much of sugar and am too lazy. And, guess what. It has done wonders for my skin and body.
- Applying lemon juice to the skin helps in lightening the blemishes and any scars or dark spots. But, do not apply lemon juice alone. Mix it with honey or any face mask and then apply.
- Lemon is good for bleaching the facial hair. Mix honey and lemon juice and apply it over the face and you would find in a month, the facial hair is no more. It actually does not go away but simply gets bleached and is not any more visible to the naked eye unless looked from very close.
- Lemon juice when applied to hair helps in curing dandruff.
- Lemon juice can be used as a last rinse to bring shine in the hair.
- If you want to lighten your hair color, apply lemon juice on your hair and go and sit in sun. The heat will help lemon bleach your hair. If you do it pretty frequently, you might even end up with blond hair color.
- Mix it in face masks. It helps bring a glow on your face by cleaning your skin right down to the pores.
- Lemon peels can be infused in hair oil to get its benefit stated above in point no. 3 and 4.
- You can grind the dried lemon peels and use it as a body scrub. They leave a refreshing scent on your body.
- Pour lemon juice into the bath water to experience a refreshing bath.