Ok, this is not a very welcome option for every one. But, still, I would like to put this up. You all know what Henna is what multitude of benefits it offers. So, did you know that henna is anti-bacterial and the smell of henna acts as repellant for mosquitoes and insects. That was one of the chief reasons of applying it on the body and of course, later on, it became famous for body art too. There is one more major usage of henna.
Baviphat is a very popular brand in Malaysia and Singapore and Korea too. Its a Korean company. So, this was one of the goodies I won in a giveaway I mentioned sometime back. I have no idea about the price or ingredients list coz my pack didn’t mention any.
I love the small yellow capsicum tub and the smell of this cream is even more awesome though I can’t really describe it. I have never used a hand cream before so I am not gonna give a comparison account but I’ll say that it is very non-sticky and gets easily absorbed into the skin. I hate the creams which make my hand sticky and almost all do that so I avoid applying any cream and I am used to often washing my hands. Its a phobia with me but since I have started using this cream, my hands are comparatively softer and don’t get dried up as they used to. And, this cream also moisturizes my nails and cuticles. So, yup, this one is a great product but unfortunately not available in India. But, they do have a website but its in Korean!!! Check it out here.
Oh!! yes, definitely!!! And, I guess its a drug store brand so its not outrageously expensive or something.
- Wash your hands properly. Remove any rings or bangles or bracelets you wear.
- Dip your hands for 5 minutes in hot water (as hot as you can bear) to soften the skin and open the pores.
- Use a body scrub to cleanse the hands gently.
- Wash thoroughly by dipping in hot water again.
- Make a hand pack from raw honey and ripe banana. Blend them into a smooth mixture. Banana moisturizes your hand in the best way. Hands tend to be drier than other parts of the body. Apply a thick layer of this pack on the back of your hands. You may cover it with any plastic gloves you have or leave them as it is for 15-20 minutes.
- After the stipulated time, dip your hands in a bowl of milk or oats water on a table.
- Remove the mask in the bowl only by gentle rubbing. Let your hand be dipped for 10 more minutes for extra smoothness.
- Wash your hands in cold water finally.
- Now, apply your favorite oil on your hands. Almond oil is the best choice as it is high in vitamin E. Massage your hands and wear gloves if you can sleep with them on. In the morning, your hands would be soft like never before.
- You might want to take care of your nails too during this process.
- Dip your nails in olive oil (or your choice of oil) once a week. This is irrespective of the fact that you are doing manicure or not. Oil keeps your nails strong and the skin around the nails moisturized. It prevents the skin from cracking and peeling around the nail edges (which is very prominent in some people). If you can’t dip it in oil, take a generous quantity of oil and massage your nails and cuticles with it. You can even do this daily with a drop of oil. This is a great tip for brittle nails. You can use jojoba oil in place of olive oil. It works great.
- Once a week, you can take some baking powder on a brush tip and start brushing your nails. That will turn your nails white and remove any odd colors on your nail.
- Instead of clipping your nails, file them. But, file them in only one direction. If you do it in both direction, your nails get ragged and do not look good.
- Do not use false nails. Better try growing your own nails.
- Leave your nails free of any nail paint at least twice in a month.
- While doing manicure to your hands, do not forget to take care of your nails. Do not let your nails dry. Moisturize them every time you apply moisturizer to your hands.
- Your nails show your health just like your hair. So, good nutrition will keep them pink. Improve your diet to include more proteins and vitamins which are important for both hair and nails. Generally, the growth of nails and hair are a lot interdependent.
- Since, the nails are just dead cells. So, there is no nail mask which you can apply. But, yes, you can whiten them in the same way you whiten your teeth. Rub lemon juice or strawberries. But, do not forget to apply oil afterward as they are very drying for nails.
- You can place your nails in a bowl of milk. This would improve the look of your nails. This would serve as a proper manicure.