men skin care
Last week, I spoke a bit about tips to shave. That made me thinking about how different is a man’s skin as compared to that of a woman’s? So, I shall share a bit about that today and hopefully, that should convince your better-halves and “boys” to take care of their skin. Technically speaking, there is not much of a structural difference in a man or woman’s skin. But, there are some significant points to think about.
- Always use a clean and fresh blade. Discard the blade every monthly or depending ont he frequency you use the blade.
- Always shave on moist skin. Dry skin does not provide the slip needed for the blade to glide and you may end up nicking yourself.
- Splash your face with warm water and apply the shaving gel. Foam it nicely.
- Wait for 30 seconds before you use the blade to give time to the shaving gel to soften the hairs.
- Always shave in the direction of your hair. Avoid shaving in the opposite direction. It is generally very irritating for the skin and burns a lot.
- After shaving, use an after-shave lotion to soothe your skin. Avoid the ones which have alcohol as they are drying and irritating for the skin. If possible, choose the ones which have essential oils in them or make some for yourself at home or ask your wives. They help soothe and calm down the skin better.
- And, as a substitute for shaving gel, you can always use shaving oil. It helps the blade glide easily and softens the hair for easy shaving. And, it is free of unwanted chemicals too and keeps the skin soft and moisturized and prevents nicks and burns. Use any vegetable oil or create your own favorite blends at home.
- And, for those who love using shaving brushes, try out this body shop wooden shaving brush which gives a perfect hold and really soft synthetic bristles which are amazing on the skin.
Men have specific skin care needs when it comes to staying attractive and looking young. Since men sweat more than women, their chances of collecting dirt and having enlarged facial pores are great. Put together a skin care regimen that includes cleansing your face regularly, exfoliating your skin and applying moisturizer daily, especially around the eyes. Look for all natural, fragrance free products to reduce irritation to facial skin. When choosing a moisturizer, look for a product that is right for your skin type. To keep skin looking fresh and to combat wrinkles, try making time to get a regular facial. Also, to keep your skin looking healthy and hydrated, drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Staying active is a key factor when it comes to finding the fountain of youth. Exercise keeps men balanced both mentally and physically. Plus, not only does exercise build strong and healthy muscles, but it also inspires confidence and relieves stress. Exercise also induces sweat, which will aid in removing unhealthy toxins from the body.
Remove unwanted hair from eyebrows, nose and ears at regular intervals. Waxing the chest is a good option to consider if you’re into the bare body look. Make sure to keep finger nails and toe nails trimmed and clean by getting a manicure and pedicure. This promotes an overall clean and well groomed appearance. Try getting a body massage to improve blood circulation, tone up the body and to relieve stress.
Consider a hair style shorter in length. Well groomed short hair-cuts give off a younger looking vibe and cleaner outward appearance. Make sure to use shampoo and conditioners to keep hair looking healthy and shiny. Styling products are also useful in taming wild and unruly hair.
Shaving can be particularly hard on the skin. To get that perfect smooth shave make sure to exfoliate your skin first to rub away any dead skin. Make sure to shave right after a hot shower to soften the growth of hair and to get a clean, close shave. When shaving is complete, use an aloe vera based moisturizer that will tighten pores and it won’t dry out skin like most products that have alcohol in them can. If you have facial hair such as a beard or mustache, keep them trimmed and well-groomed.