I wanted to do this post long back after the one on home remedies for hair growth but somehow forgot. I would definitely recommend all the products I list down under here:
- Biotique Musk Root: helped combat my hair fall last year in January and really nourished my hair. You can read the entire review here.
- Lush Caca Noir: Well, technically, this is just a hair coloring agent and nothing else. But, it improved my hair texture and made it so soft and shiny. I love it and I wanna lay my hands asap on Caca Maroon. It wasn’t a first love and my first review was almost that all money spent on it went into drain. But, the second review which I did after using the noir again after a spell of 3 months almost was what made me a fan of this product. Read about the Caca Noir here.
- Biotique Mountain Ebony: This is one of the really un-talked product of Biotique but I love it to bits and it wasn’t an instant love either. I took my own sweet time to analyze it and use it and decide on it. I bought it in December 2010 and used it sometimes and left it. Later, again started using it after a spell of almost 6 months and used it daily in fact. Read about it here.
- Rogan Badam Shirin: I really forgot to put about it. Padmaja asked me about hair oils and this is my one go to hair oil and the best ever which has actually shown me results on a long term basis. Read about it here.
All the products mentioned above are tried and tested on a long term. I shall keep on adding if I find something equally good in the subsequent future 🙂
- Regarding the use of Rosemary EO for three months since January, I have not really got any evidence but I do believe that it has really helped my hair texture and probably helped in hair growth too.
- I did add ginger and cinnamon EO to my hair oil this month.But, had to discontinue using it since I started on with a treatment.
- I gave myself a hair cut to get rid of the split ends. I did cut off a good amount of length and my hair is again back to the shoulder level 🙁 but, then, I had to get rid of splits too.
- Went on a hair treatment which I mentioned couple of days back.
- Shampoo – Pantene Total Damage Care Shampoo + Kamini’s Keshika Herbal Shampoo
- Treatment – Kamini’s Keshika Herbal Hair Tonic
- Conditioner – Liz Earle Botanical Shine Treatment + L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Hair Masque + Kamini’s Keshika Milk Tonic
- Hair Oil – Biotique Flame of the Forest + Kamini’s Keshika Herbal Hair Oil
- Hair Mask – Egg + Kamini’s Keshika Multi-Herb Mix
- Hair definitely seems to be more shiny.
- In fact, the hair coloring job which I wasn’t pretty satisfied with, is showing well now. Though, I am definitely not loving the color 🙁 I really want to use Lush Caca Maroon!!! I have a gut feeling I will soon do that 😀
- Kiehls – Ultra Moisturizing Eye Stick SPF 30
- MAC – Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Eye Cream
- Prevage Eye Eye Ultra Protection Anti-aging Moisturizer SPF 15
Ok, weird title!!! I know. Actually, what happened was that I had ignored my hair for too long and got horrible case of split ends because of which I was so angry that I chopped off a good length of my hair and now, my hair is back to the shoulder level. Now, I am trying to improve my hair health and grow them out.
I have brownish-blackish hair – upto my waist.
I have applied henna/mehendi and have found that it makes hair really soft. A few greys are popping out and the henna does a good job of coating them a deep red shade.
But, I want to change them to black.
I have read that Indigo powder (similar to henna) makes the dyes the hair blue – which means henna’s red + Indigo’s blue = Bluish- black.
I am finding it very very difficult to get indigo powder (in India).
1. Can anyone suggest where to get the indigo powder from? If an online store, have you ever bought anything there before?
2. Have you had any experience with Indigo powders?