- Stand against the wall at one arm distance placing both your palms on the wall in a horizontal position. Your arms should be parallel to the ground. Now, bend your elbows towards the wall and move only your upper body towards the wall without bending your back like doing push ups against the wall. You will feel the tension near the diaphragm. Now, release your elbows and move back into the original position. Repeat the exercise for 50 times daily.
- Stand straight in an attention position. Rotate the shoulders in a backward motion without moving any part of the body for 100 times daily. You should feel the movement in the breasts.
Honey is a natural humectant. It traps moisture and keeps your skin supple. It is anti-bacterial and prevents the skin breakouts. Many of the skin care and hair care products swear by the goodness of honey. The home remedies have their stock full of goodness of honey.
- put on a thick layer of honey on your face for 30 minutes and wash off.
- to remove scars, blemishes, even out complexion or any other marks on skin, apply honey on it.
- use it as an ingredients of various face masks.
- use it to clean your eyes
- use it as a hair conditioner (wash off or leave-in)
- use it as a last rinse for shine
- pour a table spoon of honey in bath water for a silky smooth skin
Turmeric is an Indian spice which grows in the forests of South-East Asia. It belongs to the family of ginger and is used in the powdered form. It is one of the main ingredients of the Indian, Persian, Thai and Malay dishes. It is also used to impart a rich yellow color to the dishes.
Turmeric has many medicinal properties. It helps prevent cancer and cures skin disorders. It has many benefits for health:
- performs complete body detoxification
- has abundant anti-oxidants
- ease joint pains and inflammation associated with arthritis
- prevents premature aging
- prevents cancer
- protects liver health
- protects against heart attacks and strokes
- improves digestion power
- may prevent cataract and bacterial infections
- protects against severe cold
Apart from the above mentioned health benefits, it also has benefits for the skin:
- fights aging
- prevents skin disorders
- improves the skin complexion
- gets rid of facial or body hair
Home Remedies for Health care:
- A pinch of edible turmeric taken with milk every day provides the health benefits of turmeric. Alternatively, a turmeric stick can be boiled in milk and taken every night.
- Turmeric is also used as an antiseptic over cuts and wounds.
- If you have severe swelling due to sprain or any internal injury, you can mix turmeric with any bearably hot vegetable oil (preferably mustard oil) and apply over the swelled area and tie the area securely with a bandage. The swelling would come down in a day or two.
- If you have cold, you can put a pinch of turmeric in hot boiling water and inhale steam for at least 10 minutes.
I have enumerated some of its benefits:
- improves memory and concetration
- increases self-confidence
- improves the spine flexibility
- strengthens immune and digestive system
- detoxifies the body
- improves the body posture
- removes the excess fat
- improves blood circulation
- improves the skin and hair health
- increases the oxygen flow to the body and lungs
- improves mental health by combating stress
The video describes the procedure of Suryanamaskar. Visit here for a detailed step by step explanation of the salutation.
We all are, by now, aware of the benefits of drinking Green Tea everyday thanks to the marketing of its benefits done so aggressively by everyone from cosmetics to health care professionals.
It can provide you with abundant anti-oxidants to slow down your aging process. You can cut down your calories by not adding any sugar or honey to your tea but it depends on your taste, of course. Not everyone can drink it. Anyways, I am not here to tell you how to drink your cup of tea or tell you about its benefits. I know that you all are more than saturated with all that information.