A great tip for reducing oil in your hair.
Soap nut is a fruit available in India. The fruit is crushed to make soap. It has a component called Saponins which is a natural surfactant. It is used in washing and cleaning purposes. You can use soap nuts to wash, practically, everything.
- Soap nuts are good for hair washing. They make your hair silky and smooth.
- You can put 4-5 soap nuts in a wash cloth and put it in the washing machine instead of a detergent. They would be enough for a 4-5 loads of clothes.
- They can be used for washing your utensils, jewelery, toilets, tiles and floors.
- You can clean your windows and furniture.
- You can spray them on your plants. It would keep the pests and insects away eliminating the need of any insecticide or pesticide.
Immerse your hair completely in a wash stand full of milk and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash off. Your hair would become shiny instantly. You can use a cup of milk as a last rinse also.
Honey is a natural humectant. It traps moisture and keeps your skin supple. It is anti-bacterial and prevents the skin breakouts. Many of the skin care and hair care products swear by the goodness of honey. The home remedies have their stock full of goodness of honey.
- put on a thick layer of honey on your face for 30 minutes and wash off.
- to remove scars, blemishes, even out complexion or any other marks on skin, apply honey on it.
- use it as an ingredients of various face masks.
- use it to clean your eyes
- use it as a hair conditioner (wash off or leave-in)
- use it as a last rinse for shine
- pour a table spoon of honey in bath water for a silky smooth skin
Well, Tomato is the answer for shiny and smooth hair. It also repairs the damage done to your hair by sun and dust.
Egyptians called Aloevera a ‘miracle plant’. It has been an integral part of the history from Greeks to Indians and has been used for various purposes by many people. Aloevera has anti-bacterial properties, is a natural humectant, has regeneration and anti-aging properties which makes it lucrative for cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry.
- can be used as a leave-in hair conditioner
- can be used as a night time moisturizer
- while making homemade soaps, aloevera can be mixed with the soap base before pouring into the molds
- can be used as a ingredient while concocting homemade moisturizers for skin
- can be used as one of the ingredient for face masks, hair masks or body scrubs
- can be used to heal sunburn or any cuts and scars
- can heal acne