Immerse your hair completely in a wash stand full of milk and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash off. Your hair would become shiny instantly. You can use a cup of milk as a last rinse also.
Honey is a natural humectant. It traps moisture and keeps your skin supple. It is anti-bacterial and prevents the skin breakouts. Many of the skin care and hair care products swear by the goodness of honey. The home remedies have their stock full of goodness of honey.
- put on a thick layer of honey on your face for 30 minutes and wash off.
- to remove scars, blemishes, even out complexion or any other marks on skin, apply honey on it.
- use it as an ingredients of various face masks.
- use it to clean your eyes
- use it as a hair conditioner (wash off or leave-in)
- use it as a last rinse for shine
- pour a table spoon of honey in bath water for a silky smooth skin
Well, Tomato is the answer for shiny and smooth hair. It also repairs the damage done to your hair by sun and dust.
Egyptians called Aloevera a ‘miracle plant’. It has been an integral part of the history from Greeks to Indians and has been used for various purposes by many people. Aloevera has anti-bacterial properties, is a natural humectant, has regeneration and anti-aging properties which makes it lucrative for cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry.
- can be used as a leave-in hair conditioner
- can be used as a night time moisturizer
- while making homemade soaps, aloevera can be mixed with the soap base before pouring into the molds
- can be used as a ingredient while concocting homemade moisturizers for skin
- can be used as one of the ingredient for face masks, hair masks or body scrubs
- can be used to heal sunburn or any cuts and scars
- can heal acne
I have enumerated some of its benefits:
- improves memory and concetration
- increases self-confidence
- improves the spine flexibility
- strengthens immune and digestive system
- detoxifies the body
- improves the body posture
- removes the excess fat
- improves blood circulation
- improves the skin and hair health
- increases the oxygen flow to the body and lungs
- improves mental health by combating stress
The video describes the procedure of Suryanamaskar. Visit here for a detailed step by step explanation of the salutation.
Everyone is busy in Christmas and New Year preparations. So, how to prepare to look good in the celebrations. Follow the following tips and enjoy the holidays:
- Drink adequate amount of water, no matter what. People tend to drink less water in winters but it affects the skin more adversely. The winter winds dehydrate the skin anyways. You have to hydrate yourself to keep in balance. If you fail to do it, your skin will look leathery with all the make up on and no suppleness.
- Sleep properly and adequately. Finish your beauty sleep for minimum 7 hours. Do not take any drinks two hours prior to sleep.
- Cleanse your face every night, no matter what. Otherwise, your skin will look aged on next day.
- Before the celebrations begin, get yourself an appointment at the saloon well in advance. Remember this is a rush hour season and be on time. Get yourself pampered and indulge in expenses. You would love the result. Get a hair cut and highlights if you wish. They will look great.
- On the day of festivities, give yourself appropriate time to get ready. Do not rush through it.
- Include body scrub, bath oils, bath salts in your bath and soak for 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can pour 2-3cups of milk and 2-3 drops of any essential oil of your choice in your tub and soak. Scrub with wash cloth afterward gently.
- While soaking, you can also apply any fruit face mask if you want and tea bags on your eyes to relax them and make them look brighter. Banana, papaya, orange brings an instant glow on the face. Apple makes your skin look clean and bright. Any fruit will do the job because of the natural ingredients present in it. You can also include milk cream or vegetable oils suitable to your skin while mashing the fruits to moisturize. Prepare a fresh batch every time.
- Wash your hair before you go for a soak. Do not condition. While you soak, apply honey on your hair and cover with a shower cap. While you are showering, wash your hair well and use any tea or vinegar as last rinse. It gives instant shine to your hair. Let your hair air dry if not in hurry.
- When you come out of the shower, apply some perfume on the skin. Dab perfume on warm areas of your body like armpits, cleavages, inner thighs. Moisturize your body. Apply perfume again on the same spots you applied earlier or as per your choice. You can apply talc and then again apply perfume. Last layer can be put on the clothes you wear. Ensure the floral smells and buy a natural perfume which is non-irritating to your skin. Applying perfume in layers and warm areas ensures it to stay longer.
- When your hair is damp, style your hair. You can use shine serums to increase the shine or other hair products of your choice. Use products in moderation so as to not let your hair weigh down. Less is good.
- Before applying make up, do not forget your sunscreen in case your are going out in day time.
- At night, a lip gloss and mascara is enough to give the effect.
- For people who are not product junkies and like to go natural like me, 2-3 drops of any vegetable oil would be enough to bring shine to your hair. When your hair is damp, take oil into your palms and finger comb through your hair paying special attention to the ends. This will seal the moisturizer into your hair. While finger combing, gently untangle your hair so that you do not need to comb or brush it. Simple finger combing can give great style to your hair. Try it out. Definitely, it depends a lot on the hair texture too. Wavy hair is the best bet. Or, if you still prefer combing, use a wide tooth comb. Do not forget sunscreen in any case. To be ready for a night out, a lip gloss adds a smashing effect. Making up the eyes is no harm but the least you can do is to apply kohl. They give an instant lift to your eyes. Wash your eyes with lot of cold water before that to make them look brighter. Buy good products. Do not worry about expenses. Cheap products are often not good for the skin but, again, do not judge by the brands. Go for products which suit your skin.