And, I am happy that I didn’t buy it. No, I don’t wanna say its a bad product. But, it has quite many disadvantages. As you all would already be aware, my skin is dry and, in winters, it needs proper moisturisation with thick lotions.
|excuse the mess in the background!!|
This is not a review of the Oil. I am just putting my forethought on the product depending on my first use. I have not even washed my hair yet so you are forewarned.
|is my hair looking rough or is it the lighting??? I washed it without using conditioner but my hair is damn soft to touch even if its not looking like that!!|
Oh my gosh!! I can’t really believe the year is coming to an end and yeah, I know I am gonna bore you with the countdown. I don’t know why but something is in the air and its exciting and its making me happy even without me knowing what’s there!!
- No DIY – Honestly, I have not done any DIY on my hair in terms of hair masks and I have mostly used all kinds of products on my hair but these days, its so soft and heavenly to touch. I truly love my hair with all its faults.
- DIET – Ok, one thing which has helped my hair is DIET. Very, very important to eat properly. I am not on a weight-loss regime and I haven’t started eating healthy. If you remember, I had mentioned that my diet had suffered a lot last year and it showed on my face, my body and my hair as well. Yes, it is very important to eat healthy and breakfast is important. I shall do a post separately on it.
- Hair Cuts – Another thing is I have had a lot of hair cuts this year. One very important observation I have made is that I have had a lot of split ends this year even with regular hair cuts. The only difference between this year and last year is the homemade hair masks and deep conditioning treatments I had done on my hair. So, I can positively say that JUST oiling and regularly conditioning and using an SLS free shampoo is not gonna help your hair at all. Deep conditioning and homemade hair masks do help. Since, I haven’t used any professional salon range products, I can’t say if they help or not.
- I have started to use Jojoba and Grapeseed oil for hair growth but its been just two or three times I have used so obviously can’t say!!
- I have been very regular this month with oiling and washing regime both in Delhi and Hyderabad. I have been using more or less many products on the hair but it hasn’t suffered 🙂
- Hair Oil – Auravedic Restructuring Hair Oil + Kamini Hair Oil + Mom made + The Body Shop Polynesian Monoi Oil
- Shampoo – Kamini Shampoo
- Conditioner – L’Oreal Total Repair 5 + Liz Earle Botanical Shine Treatment + Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner
I used Kamini hair oil and mom made oil at Delhi and finished Auravedic one this month and before last wash this month, I used Polynesian Monoi Oil (review coming soon). I am totally loving Kamini shampoo, in fact!!
|this time I used the conditioner and leave-in as well and that’s my messy side-braid night look 😀|
It really keeps my hair soft and prevents dryness. And, not loving the conditioner but finishing it 🙁 I am also starting to use the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Serum from this month.
Auravedic Restructuring Hair Oil with Bitter Orange and Lemon
Price: Rs 250 for 100ml
I don’t really have much to say about this oil, unfortunately 🙁 It was a very thrilling buy for me but the product turned out to be really flat. Its a thin colourless oil which smells of lemon, more or less.
It is light so should be washed off easily but the problem is that I apply a LOTT of oil so it didn’t get washed off completely which was a surprise for me!! As such, I didn’t find it do anything special for my hair, either!!!
All shampoos give u good results?? Dove also kamini also Pantene?
As to all shampoos suiting me, mostly my answer would be yes. My hair doesn’t react easily and result in hair fall. Yes, my hair does get dry and the scalp also feels dry but no shampoo has triggered any allergic reactions and I don’t have any history of dandruff which needs taking care of. When talking about shampoos, let me start with ones I used this year.
Pantene Total Damage
Yes, it suited my hair because it did not cause my hair to get dry really soon. And, no itchiness either. Its, in fact, a good shampoo and the conditioner is even better.
Dove Color Rescue
Definitely drying!!! And, I have recommended it for only oily hair.
Yes, it suits me but it does dry out my scalp and hair sometimes. That is why I am searching for some shampoo whose ingredients I am aware of and is natural as well.
Those were the shampoos I tried out in my recent memory and more or less, I did like all of them. But, one thing I would say is that whatever shampoo you use, never ever skip on conditioner. Its very essential even if you have oily hair.
Find products which suit your hair type but never skip on the essential routines.
Also, please note that a person’s reaction to a product changes over time and may not remain same always whether the person is a blogger or a reader 🙂