- Use mustard or sesame oil on a regular basis, like twice or thrice a week. A regular usage helps prevent the hair from growing gray. They also help with hair which has turned brown!!!
- Black Pepper and Yogurt mask
- Curry leaves are supposedly great for protecting the black color of the hair. So, infuse your oil with dried curry leaves. (learn how to infuse oil here)
- Other herbs which are amazing to prevent hair from growing gray are rosemary, thyme and amla (Indian gooseberry). They also help with hair growth.
After a really long time, I resorted to some DIY and I have huge expired Cadbury cocoa powder jar. So, what can be a better way to use it all 🙂 Enjoy the recipe and don’t forget to try it out!!
So, yes, I know most of you are facing this problem right now or would be in the coming subsequent months of August-September depending on when monsoons hit your town. So, be armed with this simple DIY to get rid of dandruff.
- Apple Cider Vinegar / Fruit Vinegar / Vinegar
It always seems difficult to find time to make all these recipes to maintain yourself regularly. I found a shortcut to maintain my face – I usually create a base by grinding 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup milk powder and store it. Then depending on what I have in the fridge – I mix it in this powder base.
To tighten – mix egg whites and honey into 1 tsp powder base and apply on face, wash off after dry.
To moisturize – add avocado and almond oil into 1tsp powder base and apply – wash off after dry.
To absorb oil – mix egg whites and lemon juice into 1tsp powder base – apply, wash off after dry.
To tone and cleanse – mix yogurt and cucumber juice ( when you grate and press, juice can be extracted, no need to grind) in 1 tsp powder base and apply , rinse after dry.
If the paste is too tight I mix rose water or water to it. And the list goes on – anything you find like fresh fruits – I usually go to the ones that need no grinding or preparation. This really works – try it! As we don’t find a lot of time as working moms with kids…anything easy works!!