Ok, this is just a DIY and is not supposed to mimic the parlor cleanups. I just randomly followed this routine one day and totally loved it so sharing it with you. You can do this when you think you can do with a little bit of pampering. I have already shared all the DIY’s in this post on the blog.
- Face Wash
- Homemade Body Polish
- Deep Cleansing Mask
- Nourishing Mask
- Face Towel
- Wash your face and neck thoroughly to remove all grime and dirt. If makeup is already there, remove it properly using the double cleansing method.
- Take this body polish and scrub your face and neck till all the granules melt off. This will take about 5-10 minutes at max.
- Now, the next step is to use a deep cleansing mask or any mud mask which absorbs the toxins from the skin and leaves your skin glowing. Let the mask dry and wash off.
- Now, to nourish the skin, you can take a nourishing face mask and apply a thick layer. Let it dry. Relax in the meantime. Wash off.
- Follow with a toner or in my case aloevera gel. And, apply your favorite moisturizer or in my case a facial oil.
I have already shared the DIY on the blog here. I would strongly recommend you to use this. But, you are more than welcome to use a good face scrub if you own one. Also, after scrubbing, you can take the face towel and dip it in hot water and wash off your face with it (instead of steaming the face). This is just to open the pores.
Deep Cleansing Mask
Any clay mask is a deep cleansing mask. If you have one, that is more than enough. Otherwise, you can make one using multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and water itself. You need a mask which will only remove the toxins from the skin. The nourishment is the next step so don’t worry about it.
If you have a nourishing mask or a creamy or hydrating mask, that is good. Otherwise, you can make one using cocoa powder and honey. You can also add milk cream or fruit juices or banana.
I would suggest any Biotique mask like milk cream or clove mask as well. They are all pretty nourishing.
So, that was my home DIY for face cleanup. Do you have any alternate ideas? Do Share!