So, there is this one thing I noticed the other day and thought I would share with you guys. It is about babies and their skin and using diapers.
baby skin care
My daughter is 7 yrs old. There are some dark patches on her neck and elbow and knees. that makes her more dark . Can u pl. suggest me what shud i do ?
regd the dark patches, are they coming now or were they there since before (may be from birth). I would say use sunscreen on her. I wouldn’t suggest you to use any DIY or anything on her coz she is too young to get into all that. just face wash and moisturize properly. rest, you can take care of as she grows up but don’t for go sunscreen. (I am sorry for this typo but I meant DIY)
Thanx a lot for ur reply. These dark patches are not because of this recipe. I dont know when they came but probably for last 2 yrs they are. I used many medicines given by Drs. but no use. sometimes they disappear but come again. Dr. say its eczema but some of them say no eczema. I dont know what is this but it really made my and my daughter’s life a hell. I accept color has no value now a days but on the other hand when somebody ask or make a fun at least that person (my daughter) gets hurt. She asks me to make her fair like others because she does not like when girls give comments. Anyways i m using ur recipe.lets wait and watch & hope for the option. When she was 2 yrs old she was fair (I used to apply besan and yogurt daily) but after that her color started becoming dark and when she was 5 yrs old then these black patches problem started.
hi Sandhya…yes, I do understand how it is when people make fun!!! especially on children it has even adverse effects. one thing I would suggest is sunscreen. another, what I am thinking is that she has probably got hyper pigmentation problem or melanin has been over-produced.
Today, I would be sharing with you a very old age home remedy for glowing skin. ‘Sunnipindi’ is the powdered form of dried green gram dal (mung dal in Hindi). I am not very sure that you can get this powdered form in the market easily. So, time to make it. Not to worry. Its not a very difficult thing. Buy preferred quantity of green gram dal (with ‘chilka’ or its outer skin covering). It will be green in color as shown in the image.
I recently went to Lakme Salon for a hair cut. I have a problem of facial hair and was thinking of getting a facial waxing done as a quick fix. Home remedies do take a lot of time and you have to be consistent with them. otherwise, they do not yield the desired results. I asked the girl who was waxing my hand about facial waxing. She asked me my age and advised me on a personal front that facial waxing should not be done till you are 30. It opens your pores and makes them look bigger and you older. I wanted to bring this to your notice before you thought of opting for it.
Today, I would be telling you about the baby skin care routine followed by many South Indians. Babies have very soft and delicate skin. So, you have to be extra cautious while taking care of their skin. And, they have under developed muscles and bones too. Therefore, a general routine of their skin and health care is followed:
- To give strength to their bones and muscles, the new-born are massaged with hot oil (preferably coconut oil) to give strength to their muscles.
- The babies should never be given long and hot baths. Always make sure that the water is lukewarm. And, do not give them a tub bath. The tub bath is very drying for their skin.
- Babies have very less hair on their bodies. And, even if they have hairs, do not worry much about them. The roots of the hairs are very weak and they go on getting strong as the baby grows. Therefore, use the chickpea (besan) flour or green gram dal (sunnipindi) flour to get rid of the unwanted hair on their body. Mix the flour with water or milk or apply it directly on the skin (baby) oiling the baby. And, scrub very gently. Do it daily to see results. Do not miss out underarms and the pubic area too. You can mix the flour with turmeric and sandalwood powder.
- Mix turmeric and milk and apply on the baby from top to bottom after the oiling session. Let it dry. Then, remove with a soft wash cloth dipped in milk. And, give a bath to the baby. You do not have to use any soap or cleanser after this procedure as milk cleanses the skin. Your baby would grow to have very little or no hair.
- Instead of applying any chemical, apply pure aloevera gel on the complete body, scalp included. Or, you can even apply oil on their bodies. Try to keep babies away from the beauty products as much as possible. I would not even advice you to use the baby products. Natural is always the best.