Well, Tomato is the answer for shiny and smooth hair. It also repairs the damage done to your hair by sun and dust.
Egyptians called Aloevera a ‘miracle plant’. It has been an integral part of the history from Greeks to Indians and has been used for various purposes by many people. Aloevera has anti-bacterial properties, is a natural humectant, has regeneration and anti-aging properties which makes it lucrative for cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry.
- can be used as a leave-in hair conditioner
- can be used as a night time moisturizer
- while making homemade soaps, aloevera can be mixed with the soap base before pouring into the molds
- can be used as a ingredient while concocting homemade moisturizers for skin
- can be used as one of the ingredient for face masks, hair masks or body scrubs
- can be used to heal sunburn or any cuts and scars
- can heal acne
Turmeric is an Indian spice which grows in the forests of South-East Asia. It belongs to the family of ginger and is used in the powdered form. It is one of the main ingredients of the Indian, Persian, Thai and Malay dishes. It is also used to impart a rich yellow color to the dishes.
Turmeric has many medicinal properties. It helps prevent cancer and cures skin disorders. It has many benefits for health:
- performs complete body detoxification
- has abundant anti-oxidants
- ease joint pains and inflammation associated with arthritis
- prevents premature aging
- prevents cancer
- protects liver health
- protects against heart attacks and strokes
- improves digestion power
- may prevent cataract and bacterial infections
- protects against severe cold
Apart from the above mentioned health benefits, it also has benefits for the skin:
- fights aging
- prevents skin disorders
- improves the skin complexion
- gets rid of facial or body hair
Home Remedies for Health care:
- A pinch of edible turmeric taken with milk every day provides the health benefits of turmeric. Alternatively, a turmeric stick can be boiled in milk and taken every night.
- Turmeric is also used as an antiseptic over cuts and wounds.
- If you have severe swelling due to sprain or any internal injury, you can mix turmeric with any bearably hot vegetable oil (preferably mustard oil) and apply over the swelled area and tie the area securely with a bandage. The swelling would come down in a day or two.
- If you have cold, you can put a pinch of turmeric in hot boiling water and inhale steam for at least 10 minutes.
I have enumerated some of its benefits:
- improves memory and concetration
- increases self-confidence
- improves the spine flexibility
- strengthens immune and digestive system
- detoxifies the body
- improves the body posture
- removes the excess fat
- improves blood circulation
- improves the skin and hair health
- increases the oxygen flow to the body and lungs
- improves mental health by combating stress
The video describes the procedure of Suryanamaskar. Visit here for a detailed step by step explanation of the salutation.
So, how are the preparation for festivities going on????? Hope you are all having a gala time……..Today, I wanted to talk about the face masks. Every lady uses face masks to rejuvenate her skin but do we all apply it correctly? Are there any ways to apply it correctly? Well, it is no rocket science. But, you just have to be careful not give any grounds for bacteria to breed or get any breakouts due to its incorrect usage.
- While using any mask, one should always prepare a fresh batch. Otherwise, the fresh ingredients used will turn stale and not give you the benefits you are expecting it to. On the other hand, it might even cause in outbreaks on the skin or any unwanted allergy. Keeping the face mask for a day in fridge is acceptable but make sure you keep it covered.
- Before applying the mask, make sure you have washed your face thoroughly and patted it dry. Do not allow it to be damp. The moisture may not allow the mask to work effectively.
- You might want to open your pores before using the mask. For that, you can take a wash cloth soaked in tolerable hot water and cover your face with it till it cools down. You might repeat this cycle for 5 minutes. Make sure you do not burn your skin. Allow the water to be as much hot as you can tolerate. After 5 minutes, your skin is ready for the treatment. Make sure the skin is dry.
- Take a paint brush or any make up brush thick enough to be able to spread the mask on your face. Try not to use the hands as it is unhygienic. Keep the brush solely for this purpose and wash it after every use thoroughly. Sterilize it once a week to prevent bacteria.
- In case you have to use hands, wash your hands with a disinfectant well. Dry your hands well and only then apply the mask to your face. Or, best, try to follow the facial right after a manicure. Your nail beds are clean at that time.
- Let the mask air dry. Do not use the blowers to dry it forcefully. Keep ample of time on hand to begin with the treatment. Relax in the mean time. Use tea bags for your eyes and lie down. Stay still. Do not try to pass time by reading or doing any other work. Minute movements can cause the mask to break, especially clay.
- While mixing the mask, you can use green tea (or any herbal tea), floral water, honey, glycerin or any vegetable oil which suits your skin instead of distilled water. It gives undoubtedly better results. Same goes with dry scrubs.
- After the mask has dried, do not use water to remove it. Take a water saturated cotton ball and gently wipe off the mask from the face. Be very gentle. Take your time. Do not hurry. The clay masks are little difficult to remove with this method. Try not to use wash cloths as you have the work of washing them and drying them carefully. You can use disposable paper napkins instead. Anything which is disposable and which is gentle on your skin is a good idea.
- After removing the mask, wash your face with water several times. You can follow with a green tea toner. Make sure your face is squeaky clean. Apply little moisturizer or better, 2-3 drops of oil. It will trap the moisture and keep the skin supple.
- Skin care treatments should be performed, preferably, in the evenings followed by a bath and sleep. Sleep always helps the skin to rejuvenate with the extra nourishment you have just provided. Do take care that you have no appointments that evening and make sure you are not disturbed, even, by phone calls. You can keep your mobile on silent mode and return the calls next morning. Always keep in mind the effects of skin care prove best when you are completely at leisure and take your own sweet time for the whole process.
- Sometimes, the treatments may be followed after the Oil Cleansing Method which I have already talked about.
- Complete the skin care routine before 9 P.M as body starts its detoxification process after that.
- You can read a book or listen to music before going to bed. Going to bed after watching television or browsing internet is not definitely a good idea as it does not calm your mind and the sleep you get is disturbed.
- One important thing to remember is to apply the face masks only for the time advised on the back of the packs or wait until they dry. Remove them as soon as they dry. For fruit masks, wipe them off after 15 minutes. Keeping the masks for longer time than specified is not a good idea.
- Apply a thick layer of the mask. Do not save on the mask (money to buy it) by applying a thin coat. The mask works by creating a barrier between your skin and the environment and provides its goodness to the skin. If the layer is not thick enough, the mask will not give the results expected.