So, remember my review on Forest Essentials sea salt crystal rose body polisher? I had mentioned that the brand also gives away a bottle of same oil mix used in the salt scrub which I did not need to use at all so I could do a DIY salt scrub using the same infusion. I got the himalayan crystal salt from the organic store and it is a beautiful pink in color. A perfect ingredient for a salt scrub DIY. So, let us check out the simple process of this DIY.
Forest Essentials Hydrating Sea Salt Crystal Rose Dupe – Salt Scrub DIY with Flower Infused Oil
- Himalayan Crystal Salt
- Flower Infused Oil / Almond Oil with 10 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Pulse the himalayan crystal salt in the mixer grinder to a coarse powder.
- Put the salt in the jar.
- Cover the salt with flower infused oil or almond oil or even your favorite body oil, whatever is available.
- Put in 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. Skip this step if you are using the flower infused oil.
- Let it sit for a few hours before using so that salt soaks in the goodness of oil.
- Scrub away with your freshly made salt scrub DIY.
Is the salt scrub DIY anything like the Forest Essentials original product?
So, I used the salt scrub around 3-4 hours after making it. The texture of the salt was perfect and now I am pretty sure that Forest Essentials uses the same kind of crystal salt. Though, the texture of the salt scrub DIY is not exactly the same. I think there is a need to let the salt sit in the oil for sometime before using it up. And use only that much oil as is needed to cover the salt.
Now, is it like the original product? First time I used I thought I probably put in a bit more of oil than was necessary or may be FE people use a lighter oil int he original concoction and give a heavier one for diluting the recipe. So, may be adding a lighter oil with this is a better option.
Otherwise, exfoliation was pretty much the same and my skin was happy and silky like always. The salt scrub diy makes my skin glow and there is no need to follow up with a body lotion.
So, it’s your turn now …
Have you used the forest essentials body polisher? How did you end up using the extra bottle of oil which comes with it? Try out this DIY and tell me if you liked it!