Updated From 22nd December, 2009. A few days back we were planning to go for a girl outing and decided to go all decked up for it. Unfortunately, the plan fell through but my entire focus that day was to look the best with flawless skin. And, somehow while going through my archives, I found this one of the earliest written posts. So, thought of re-sharing it with you!
Everyone is busy in Christmas and New Year preparations. There would be parties all around so how to look best with flawless skin is the biggest concern right now. Check out my ten tips for achieving the same results.
Regular Routine for flawless skin.
- Sleep Well. Take the required hours of sleep to make your body rested and relaxed. Women usually need more sleep than men!!
- Drink loads of water. Keeping your self hydrated is extremely important in the long run.
- Eat well. Make sure your diet is always light, wholesome and all-rounded for that flawless skin all the time.
- Exercise. It releases toxins from the body and makes your circulation better.
- Sunscreen. Apply sunscreen everyday before going out or even if you are planning to stay inside.
- Cleanse your face every night. Remove the sunscreen using cleansing milk and follow up with a face wash for thorough cleansing. Follow a good night time skin care routine. A toner followed by a serum followed by a facial oil followed by a moisturizer and not to forget eye cream.
Prepping for the Event.
- Sleeping Mask. Use an overnight sleeping mask a day before the event. Apply a thick layer of the mask an hour before you go to sleep to let it absorb properly into the skin. Or, if you do not have a sleeping mask, apply a thick layer of your everyday serum. Lock it with a few drops of facial oil and skip the moisturizer. Do acid toning if you have one! And, make sure you have exfoliated a night before.
- Water. Drink two liters of water the morning of the event.
On the Day of the Event.
- Indulge. Give yourself appropriate time to get ready. I like taking my own sweet time to get ready if I am excited for the event. I would include bath salts and essential oils and then follow with a body scrub and a body mask, if I have time. Same thing with the face as well.
- Moisturize with a body oil right after finishing your shower in the washroom itself. Apply a light moisturizer after coming out on the required areas.
- Smell good. Layer your perfume on all the pulse points starting from your ankles, knees, thighs, neck, wrist and inner elbow. Perfume stays longer on a well-moisturized skin. Make sure your body oil or body lotion are either fragrance-free or belong to the same family of perfume.
- Vitamin C. Drink a Vitamin C sachet or lemon juice one hour before the event for a fresher and plumper looking skin.
Follow with your makeup and you are good to go!! Flawless skin is the result of a disciplined life style, not just health and genes. Enjoy your New Year’s eve!