Wow! 2016 is already over. Okay, just two days to go. Lot has happened. Many ups and many downs. Lets see.
- January started with a bang. A trip to Goa. Memorable. We took a bike on rent. Huge mistake! If you are going, take a car.
- February brought a much awaited wedding in the family and another trip to my second favorite place in the world, Vizag. I love the city. if you ever want a small town feel with upscale lifestyle, this is the place to go.
- March brought us a trip to Shirdi and Nasik. On a side note, we had almost finalized a property but the deal fell off.
- April got me a lot of bad health. This is when I started noticing I could not sit on the floor or squat. If you ever feel any such major changes in the body, rush to the doctor immediately.
- June and July were great. We finally got a house and signed the sale of agreement. Mom dad went to Greece and got me a lot of goodies 🙂
- August was crazy, rushing behind the workers to finish the house and get it ready for housewarming. I have never ever been so harassed in my life. One of the busiest months of my life culminating in a great and well-attended house warming ceremony. So grateful to everyone who came for us.
- September was laid back with our exhaustion still high. Thankfully, it was raining cats and dogs so we really could not get anything else done. And, a 10 days trip to Delhi. It is my longest stay at my parent’s after wedding. Loved it though mum’s health really took a beating since July.
- October. Extremely disheartening. Lost an uncle. More than emotional shock, it was shocking to see a hale and hearty person, one of the healthiest people in our family, just lying there. It was my first time and I could not stop crying. I can not even fathom the level of sadness the family must be going through. Shock is the only word to describe what entire family felt.
- November. For the first time in my life, I walked up the steps of Tirupati. There are 3500 steps in total spanning over 9 kms. I have never walked that much in my life. Even when we went to Vasihno devi, we took horses. That was an achievement for me, especially considering that I was not really doing well physically. It did take 5.15 hrs though and the usual time is 3-4 hours but I can not climb stairs. It gives me palpitations so I do need rest. And, the best part was I was not tired at all after reaching the destination, not even on the consequent day or days. Pumped me up, really! Do something which you think you can not.
- Demonetization. Honestly, I do not think it to be a smart move. No one keeps their assets in cash. Most of the black money is immediately converted into other holdings by the bigger players. Instead, what I can see is the common man suffering. Poor people, daily wage laborers and daily vendors are the worst hit. And, I do not know how it is going to continue. I am so eagerly awaiting the next announcement.
- Health is Wealth. Never take your health for granted. Be active and be fit. You never know what will happen to you when. Some things are never under your control. And, when something like that happens, your entire world turns upside down. So, be careful and be healthy again.
- And, on a happy note, our woodwork is done and hopefully the first quarter of the new year will see us in the new house. So, yay 🙂
How did 2016 treat you? What all milestones did you achieve this year? Are you resolving anything special for 2017?