It has been thirty winters since I came in this world. Wow. Turning 30 is a milestone. Though not as desirable as turning 20 was. I still can not believe I have lived so long.
Life was so different when in school and college. There is just so much that has happened since 2007 when I passed out of college. Life since then has been a measure of milestones and still there is so much to do!
It is always the same with birthdays.
The excitement of the wait, the craziness when the day dawns, the gifts and the wishes and what not and then the day dulls into a monotone and ends. I am always sad by the end of day because of the wait till next year. Any ways, let me just pen down a few thoughts.
- Marriage has not really changed me. I always accuse Mr. P of not understanding me. But, unfortunately, it is me who does not understand him the way he reads my mind. In fact, he organized a treasure hunt yesterday night. He kept gifts at different places in the house and asked me to find them. I missed out 3! He wanted to get 30 but did not get time so we had to make do with 17-18 which is huge for me. It was a cool idea. Definitely something you can try out.
- This is going to be a year of milestones.
- Health is important, not weight loss. Looking good comes with feeling good.
- Time to start doing things you have been avoiding till now.
- It is funny. Till a few years back, I had never seen my parents as anything but my parents. I never realized that they are individuals with their own life and aspirations and secrets. But, after marriage, I have come to realize how it is for a couple without children. And, how different it would be after having them. My kids are gonna think the same! There are so many things we would have to change once we have an addition.
- According to me, marriage starts with excitement and graduates to uncertainty. From uncertainty, it goes to mistrust and a bleak period of living in the different worlds. Once you weather it out, then starts a new age of a strong relation which strengthens gradually.
- To have kids or not to have kids? This has been my dilemma since day 01. Not having kids is a trend now. It gives time to the couple, to travel the world, to fulfil their dreams, to live life on their terms, not having to sacrifice anything. And, to have a kid fulfils a woman and family in a different manner. So, who decides which one is a better option?
On a different note, my skin has started ageing and I can feel it! Time to get even more serious. First Rule – Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate and then Moisturise. And, as I have iterated before and now, expect loads and loads of product reviews.
Happy birthday to me 🙂 Love, Swathy