After my hair makeover, it was finally time for me to concentrate on my skin. I was checking some of my before-wedding pics and my skin was Soooooo good and now it is just not that great!!! So, the first thing I did was to order off the MVO sunscreen which I have always loved. Btw, the worse thing is they have stopped shipping to India due to the custom problems which makes it difficult to or the product anytime I want.
And, the second thing on my list was a good moisturiser. As I have reiterated countless times, I have never found the perfect moisturiser and I did not want to use any oil so I decided to try out biotique as I love the brand and it suits me. So, I went and bought this product. And, before I begin, I am loving it. I have read a few negative reviews of the product as well but I would totally recommend it if you have my type of skin. So, read on!
Biotique Bio Saffron Dew Youthful Nourishing Day Cream Product Review
- Price : Rs 199 for 50 gms
- Availability : at all the stores and websites so this is not an issue at all!
- Packaging : The product comes in the classic Biotique packaging which btw has changed from oval to round jars. It is easy to carry but a little cumbersome and does not leak at all.
- Texture : The product is creamy and gets absorbed immediately in my skin.
- Ingredients : As always, I am a little skeptical of biotique ingredients because of their mention of base Q.S. I wish they would be more forthcoming about it. As far as in understand, they buy the base for all the products and add their signature ingredients to the base and then package it. Btw, did you know they have come up with an advanced range of products for anti-ageing skin care?
Usage and Results
You would needs a just a bit of the product. For those who are skeptical about jar packaging, yes you would need to dip your finger in the product or make sure that you take out the product from the corners. Generally, a pea size product is enough to cover your face and neck so it lasts quite long. I have been using it since two months and I have half of the product still left.
I used to have combination skin till 2013 but I think it is turning drier since last year. But, then, I have been skimping on my sunscreen as well which might have its effect. This summer I felt my skin was whole lot drier than it has always been in this weather. So, this product gets soaked up into my skin immediately and does NOT look or feel greasy at all. Just the right amount of product leaves my skin looking bright and dewy.
I have to add that since I have started to use this product I love how my skin is looking and feeling. But, I have to add that if it is summer or humid, it’s better to apply very little of the product even if your skin is dry because the product can make you sweat a bit or a lot depending on the temperature and your tendency to sweat.
And, I am happy to add another product from Biotique which works for me to my list of favourites. I already have a few other face products including another from Biotique’s advanced range. Once I finish them, I shall get the quince seed moisturiser from them.
Well, I do not have to say that you must definitely give it a try! But, remember that I have dry skin and my skin does soak up everything you put on it. So, make sure to buy this product if your skin is just like that. In case you have a combination or even slightly oily skin, it might be better to skip this.