Lifestyle, today, is not as simple as it once was! The 9 to 5 jobs are long gone and inflation rates have risen quite high. The 3 basic needs for living – house, food and clothing – now also include a laptop, a mobile and a car, if not anything else! As a consequence, you are working harder and longer to make that lifestyle possible. Hence, more stress and poor health.
Irregular working hours, the easily available junk food, the hectic life spent more in traffic than having a peaceful chat with your better half, all impact your health adversely and make you more susceptible to any sort of a illness, leave alone the critical ones. So, to protect you and your family against such a critical illness, Edelweiss has launched a special insurance package called CritiCare+.
CritiCare+ is not a life insurance but comes in handy if you or any of your family member diagnosed with critical health issues. Also, this insurance is useful because the general medical health insurance do not provide protection against such health conditions.
So, what is Critical Illness according to Edelweiss?
- Single-claim option and
- Multi-claim flexibility
So, what if my cancer reinstates?
In such a scenario when you already have claimed the insurance once for one illness and the same illness reinstates after a certain period, does this insurance provide any protection? No, the policy does not provide you any insurance against the reinstatetion of the same illness unless your policy has expired and has been renewed in which case you can use the policy again for the same disease.
What is the Plan Summary?
- Anyone from 18 years to 65 years can apply for this policy. The policy is not valid beyond 70 years of age. Thus, the policy would mature when the applicant reaches 70.
- Minimum policy term is 5 years and the maximum policy term is 30 years.
- The policy can be taken for any amount from Rs 5 L to 1 Cr for which your annual premium shall vary depending on your gender and your age.
- The minimum premium is Rs 2000 which must be paid annually.
- The Sum Assured is payable only on the diagnosis of a critical illness. There is no payment at the maturity of the plan. Please note that this is not a life insurance policy in which there is a amount payable at the maturity of the policy.
- The policy holder must survive for at least 28 days after diagnosis of the critical illness for the payment of the Sum Assured.
- You can avail tax deduction under 80C for this policy.
Other points of relevance with regards to the policy
- You have 15 days to consider the policy benefits before signing up for it.
- You can avail the policy only after 90 days of the date of issuance of the policy.
- In the multi-claim option, after the first claim the future premiums are waived off.
- There must be a gap of one year between two claims.