This post is again by Nayantara. She has already shared the recipe of her dry shampoo and says that this inversion method has helped her hair grow by almost one inch and more every month. Well, you must already be aware that in general hair grows only 0.5 inches every month so let us see what exactly she did to accelerate her hair growth.
Also Read: Participate in the Omved giveaway!
How did you come across the Inversion Method?
I initially came across this method more than a year or 2 back while browsing various hair-care forums on how to grow hair long fast. Then I googled it and found various sites as well as youtube videos about it which show actual results of people who have been using the method. It looked fairly easy and did not take up much time, so thought it could be worth a try.
What is Inversion Method?
Strictly speaking, it would involve a handstand, or a headstand, but luckily for us there is an easier way to achieve the same results! Ancient yogis used inverted poses to rebalance the mind and body thousands of years ago, and it is claimed to increase circulation, stimulate the brain and enhance glandular functioning. The same improved circulation also benefits hair growth. Some genius decided to give this method a name and so “inversion method” was born! The simple version is as follows.
- Massage scalp for some time, 5-10 minutes should be good. On a hair-oiling day, I used my regular oil, warmed up, for better absorption. On a non-hair-oiling day, I used just 4-5 drops of my grapeseed oil mix (around 50ml grapeseed oil mixed with 5-6 drops peppermint oil).
- Invert head immediately after for 4 minutes, though some people recommend upto 7 minutes, but definitely no more. I would put a book on the floor and read as 4 minutes in this position felt pretty long!
- Wash in about 2 hrs or the next morning, depending on when you choose to do this.
- Repeat everyday for 7 consecutive days.
What did you do?
Invert head immediately after for 4 minutes, though some people recommend upto 7 minutes, but definitely no more. I would put a book on the floor and read as 4 minutes in this position felt pretty long!
The way I did this was to just sit in a chair and bend over at the waist as far down as I could go. Sometimes I would stand and bend over but do this only if you are reasonably fit and can stay in the position that long. Remember to straighten up slowly as you may feel slightly dizzy after.
Make sure to document your starting and end length.
Use this method only once a month, so 7 days inversion method, 3 weeks nothing, then repeat the 7-day process again. The idea is that if you do it constantly, your body gets used to it, so increase in hair growth will go back to normal. Also it may even lead to health risks.
I have done this thrice so far, December to Feb, and this month is the 4th time. The 1st time I actually got 1” in 1 week, which was awesome. The 2nd and 3rd time I only had ¼ – 1/2” after the week was up, but over the remainder of the month my hair growth was substantially more. I got 1.5” growth each month, as compared to my normal growth rate of around 2/3 -3/4” per month.
Also it’s been winter and hair is supposed to grow slower anyway during that time, and it was pretty cold the last few months in Bangalore.
Precautions to be taken
These are what I found off the net while searching for info.
- If you have any of the following conditions, you should avoid inversion COMPLETELY: pregnancy, hernia, low or high blood pressure*, recent stroke, heart or circulatory problems, glaucoma, conjunctivitis (“pink eye”), detached retina, spinal injury, swollen joints, osteoporosis, unhealed fractures or injuries, ear infection, obesity, or are otherwise unhealthy.
- Ladies, be sure to avoid attempting the inversion method during menstruation when your blood flow is already being manipulated physiologically.
- For beginners and others not used to this, make sure to start at an angle that’s not too steep and be careful if you already are prone to dizziness.
Some Tips and Tricks
Another boost would be to use an oil that specifically helps in hair growth for the massage like castor oil. You can also mix in your favourite essential oils that promote growth like rosemary, peppermint or garlic oil.
What do you plan to do for this hair event?
Since the hair event this week has the scalp massage activity and it’s been over 3 weeks since the last time I did this, I thought of combining the two activities. Will let you know how much my length increases this week, and for those of you who decide to try this, enjoy your new length!
Earlier Posts from #OneMonthtoHealthyHair event:
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity 1 – Hot Oil Treatment
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity of the Week – 1
#OneMonthofHealthyHair – Activity 2 – Get a Hair Cut!
#OneMonthofHealthyHair – Activity 3 – Go for a Hair Wash!
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity 4 – Essential Oils for Hair Care!
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity 5 – Weekend Hair Care Routine – I
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity of the Week – 2
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity 6 – How to take care of your Scalp?
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity 7 – Dry Shampoo for Clean Scalp!
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Supplements for hair growth?
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity 8 – Weekend Hair Care Routine – II
OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Why is your hair not growing?
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Hair Care Secrets and Two Weeks Feedback!
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity 9 – Scalp Massage with Rosemary Oil
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Thinning Hair or Hair Fall Causes
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – Activity 10 – Weekend Hair Care Routine – III
#OneMonthtoHealthyHair – How to take care of dry and rough hair?