So, there is this one thing I noticed the other day and thought I would share with you guys. It is about babies and their skin and using diapers.
Archives for November 2014
Sometime in between flipkart had discontinued selling my favourite Organic Surge shampoo and I was looking around to see if I could get used to something else!! And, then, Omved people sent out their product to check out.
I was excited to try it out because of the fact that they are a completely organic brand and I have loved their body oil which I had reviewed earlier. And, I have overshot the reviewing time (again!) but I have used the product so thoroughly and almost to the last drop!! Now, I am not really sure if I love the product because I have had variable results with it, honestly!
Loving It / Using It : Using It
|Shampoo – Ingredient List|
- Price – Really expensive!! A bottle would last 2-3 months depending on your hair length.
- Availability – Online shop
- Smells bad. Actually, I do not like it at all. It is supposed to smell of rosemary and but it smells really weird.
- Packaging – I like that the shampoo comes in a aluminium sort of bottle with a pump but unfortunately for me, the pump really didn’t work so I had to unscrew the top and use it. It was inconvenient. The conditioner comes in a glass bottle with a pump which worked perfectly and does not give up a large amount of product. I like to think it is travel-friendly but I have not really travelled with it.
- Has to be followed with a conditioner.
|Conditioner – Ingredient List|
Only one dollop of shampoo is really necessary for a shoulder length hair. And, I have noticed that it works best to dilute the product with water. It lathers a lot for a SLS free product and it works really well to remove the oil in the hair.
I use almost 10 pumps of the conditioner but so much of quantity is not really necessary. But, it softens the hair pretty much because the shampoo leaves it a lot dry and gives a bit of shine to the hair. And, one bottle will last about 20 washes for a mid-waist length hair. Even after using the conditioner, one has to use leave-in.
It does make the dry hair more drier so I would not say it is suited for all hair types. Oily hairs would find it better than the dry haired gals. And, don’t forget your hair conditioner and the leave-in.
Have you used the product? How did you like it? Do share your experience with any other product you might have used from Omved!
Loving It / Using It Vol. 9 – Le Beurre Shea Butter Body Cream Vanilla
Loving It / Using It Vol. 7 – Madara Colour and Shine Shampoo for Colored / Treated Hair
Loving / Using It Vol. 6 – Vaadi Herbals Chandan Kesar Haldi Face Pack
A lack of an entire year of hair care and now I am sporting a shoulder length hair which I can not tie neither can I flaunt because it frizzes out crazily! And, facing a major amount of hair fall.
How much hair fall can be called a hair fall problem?
May be you have thyroid or diabetes or anything else?
Do you have fine hair?
Ok, this is a sad news for all those fine hair owners. Fine hair is more prone to hair fall than the thick hair counterparts. Now, I am not sure if it is because of the breakage or weak roots, both of which mean weak hair.
Keep changing your parting
Also, lack of protein causes the hair to lose volume and become lanky. Lack of water makes hair lose all the shine and bounce. So, ultimately, it is the food which makes our hair look amazing. So, get your diet to include some eggs, green leafy veggies and fruits. Basically, eat everything and make your plate as colourful as possible!
So, this was just a basic round up of all the reason which might cause severe hair fall. Let us discuss more about them some other time. What all other reasons will you attribute to hair fall? Do add your comments 🙂
About the Author
About the Book
And, soon after, Gillian Tan is assassinated. The scene then shifts to PM’s office in India where appointment for the RBI governor is pending and he looks through the shortlisted candidates. On the other hand, Swami comes to know through his mother that some amount of cash was withdrawn from their neighbour’s account when she reacted to the almost-real looking spam mail.
Turns out that this fraud has happened with many of the customers of NYIB, the bank for which Swami is the retail head of India. Malvika, the CEO, has sour relations with him and holds him responsible for the damage and loss the spam has caused the bank. Soon after, to contain this damage and realizing that the CEO lacks leadership skills, the management of NYIB plans to replace Malvika which throws her into depression.
Aditya is the owner of eTIOS and Indiscape, a BPO which has NYIB as one of its clients and a growing gaming company, is an ex-employee and mentor of Swami. His son, Varun, comes into his life after 20 years and takes over the gaming company with his bright and new-age ideas. He meets Tanya in Rio-de-Janeiro and accidentally bumps into her in Goa and then again in Mumbai.
Tanya, Malvika’s daughter plans a birthday blast for her in Four Seasons during which her colleagues and the who’s who are invited. Even the finance minister makes his appearance and just as he leaves, Malvika is found lying on the ground floor after a 32 floor fall. Tanya actively blames the finance minister.
And, in New York, a grand ATM heist of 5 million dollars in the heart of New York is planned and executed successfully. And, this money is taken from NYIB. The FBI gets on the case and then they start unravelling the threads which connect all the incidents happening.
But, the surprise is at the end of the novel and the tagline befits the plot perfectly! Though you would wonder if the motivation and the target were really in sync with each other.
The novel is breathtaking and everything moves at jet speed. The language is correct and I could spot only one grammatical error in the entire book which was a missing period, nothing major. So, yes, I would say its a treat for any crime thriller lover.
Have you read the book yet? Or, do you love any other book by Ravi Subramaniam?
Other books I have reviewed:
5 Healthy Takeaways from “Perfect Digestion” by Deepak Chopra
Books 2014 Vol. 9 – “7 Secrets of Goddess” by Devidutt Patnaik
Books 2014 Vol. 8 – “The Sealed Letter” by Emma Donoghue
Loving It / Using It : Using It
- Price – Rs 68 for 90 gms
- Availability – generally available on online stores like flipkart, nykaa. Vaadiherbals.com is the existing brand website as well.
- Packaging – Product comes in a plastic tub and will not leak. The tub is small enough to be carried around.
- Texture – The scrub is grainy and creamy. The grains are less in density and not very harsh so they do not tear on the skin but generally, it is advised to skip on the grainy scrubs as they can cause micro-tears in the skin and harm the skin in the long run.
- Usage – The product is a little more creamy so a bit of product diluted with water applies smoothly on the skin. Since it is a body scrub, it can be applied on both the face and body. I would say that it is gentle enough but still I would prefer to avoid it on face.
- Results – Even though the product is creamy, it does not feel as if it leaves a residue after washing off. And, it does leave the skin shinier than before and the moisturiser gets absorbed real quick after a scrub session. And, it does not leave the skin dry as well. But, yes, it would not do anything like removing the dark spots and all which it does not claim to do either. Yes, one thing, I did not notice if they really made a difference to the blackheads, though!
- Ingredient List – Vaadi Herbals is notorious for not specifying the ingredient list which puts me off the brand a bit.
Well, it definitely is a product to try out. I did like it.