- Last 3 days since Wednesday were a torture in Delhi. It was so cold.
- Caught cold and Hyderabad is so hot!!!
- Went to Haridwar and Rishikesh after 1992-93. So much commercialization!
- Got new frame (spectacles), finally!!! I searched for it so much still didn’t get a red one.
- Finally watched Despicable Me 2 in the flight!
- Bought a wallet in World of Titan only so thanks a lot for the tip 🙂
- I realized that a little order in the house can work wonders on how your day goes!
- I have still not taken out time to reply to the comments or the mails. I have not checked my mails since ages so please do not feel like I am ignoring.
Archives for January 2014
I realize that I have become very voluble in this year. So, let me just finish this week’s gossip quota.
What about you? How did your week progress?
So, this is my second novel for this year. I have kinda started it and am on 79th page precisely!! Ok, that was unnecessary information but now a days its taking me more of time to finish any novel as I am savoring the time I get to sit on the bed and read and in between chatter with my new husband 😀
Ok, that reminds me that we have already finished selecting snaps for the album and put up the honeymoon pics as well. I shall soon do a wedding post once I get the pics on my system.
Have you read the book? How do you like it?
I hate to admit it but the dandruff story I told you turned into the story of lice. May be I have dandruff as well but I was successful in getting rid of lice in only 2 washes. So, here goes my story and please remember this is a milder case of lice. I got the infestation through my niece during the wedding.
Things you need
1. Apply undiluted vinegar on your scalp and hair length using a cotton ball and leave it on for 1-2 hours. For children, use 50% diluted vinegar with water.
Vinegar loosens the glue which lice uses to stick to the scalp and hair.
2. Wash your hair with Mediker shampoo. Like it says on the bottle, keep the shampoo on the scalp for 4-5 minutes minimum. Rinse with water.
Mediker makes your hair reallyyyyyyy rough!!
3. After you come out of the shower, use the towel wrap to wring out the water in your hair and comb it. Yes, I know it is not good but for lice, you have no other choice. Once you untangle your hair using the regular comb (hopefully wide-toothed one), run the lice comb right from the edge of the scalp to the tip of the hair in small sections of hair. Better yet, get someone else to comb your hair and make sure you have your shoulder and neck covered. You will see lots of lice eggs and lice coming out of the hair and you do not want them to end on your skin!!
If you are lucky, you are rid of the lice and if not, repeat this process twice a week. And, use hot water on your hair as it kills lice. Yup, not a good idea again but no other choice!! And, it is good to repeat this process after 15 days – 1 month again to make sure you are of all remnants of lice.
4. Change the bed covers after this entire process.
Hope this helps! How do you get rid of lice?
Well, this mail is written quite in advance and I have yet to leave for Delhi so consider this a scheduled post!! It so happens every time that whenever I am to take leave in the office, the previous week, I am made to work like a donkey! So, this time, I have decided to put a leave tomorrow instead of going to office or working from home.
Worse still, I broke my specs on Tuesday and I have a doc’s appointment tomorrow morning. Then, in the evening, our train is at 5. Yup, taking train coz all flights are almost getting canceled or on indefinite delay to Del otherwise I so wanna be at home RIGHT NOW. And, this is my first visit home since my marriage so its kinda different. I am staying there for 10 days as usual and my in laws and hubs will return back after Pongal.
We have thought of going to Haridwar and Rishikesh. Lets see how much will that come up with the horribly dropping temps over there and my IL’s not being accustomed to that cold!! So, there may be fewer posts this week but lets see and I am back to Hyderabad on Sunday. So, adieus till then if I do not login from Delhi!
So, its my hubs birthday coming in the next week. And, I am totally out of gifting ideas. And, this time, its quite a co-incidence. My birthday according to the stars is falling on the same day so its kinda 2-in-1 celebration. Now, what does birthday according to stars mean?
Well, its kinda difficult to explain but its the day on which you were born according to the Indian or astrological calender which differs from the english calender by almost 1-15 days depending on the planetary movements and full moon and new moon.
Anyways, coming back to the topic. What do you think would be a good gift option? Well, on top of my list is wallet. Where do you get nice wallets in Delhi or Hyderabad, btw?
This guy has strange fetish for watches but then he owns pretty good number of brands and does not even wear them. So, I do not want to waste the money giving him something which is not gonna be used! No electronics. No clothes. Huh…is that all we use?
Chip in your ideas!!