- Drinking a glass of warm milk induces sleep.
- Lavender water or Essential Oil also helps relax and soothe mind and sleep.
- Reading a book.
- Closing all electronic devices an hour before bed calms the mind down.
- Dim the lights of the room and relax.
- Meditation, yoga and light exercises can also help.
- Regular exercises helps regulate the body mechanism.
- Eating a light dinner two hours before bed helps too.
- Avoid lot of fluids in the evenings.
Archives for November 2012
- Mix rice powder with curd and scrub with this paste once or twice a week. Do not use this if you have active acne or pimples, though!! This is only for marks.
- This is a regular tip. Mix honey and lemon juice and apply on face everyday for 15 minutes. But, I would suggest the sensitive skin people to stay away from lemon and instead go for tomato or cucumber juice.
- Apply face mask of multani mitti (Indian clay), rose water and lemon juice which is again a regular tip for half hour.
- Use lemon water for last rinse. Mix juice of one lemon in half glass of water (around 200ml). And, let the hair air dry.
- Massage two table spoons of vinegar on scalp half hour before shampooing. [My Tip: Rosemary Essential Oil is amazing for dandruff!]
- Egg white helps control oily scalp so massage it twenty minutes before washing your hair.
- Include fresh fruits, raw salads, sprouts and yogurt in your daily diet. Drink lot of water daily. Having lemon water first thing in the morning also helps.
- Never ever scratch the bump or blister.
- Dip a tea bag in cold water and apply it on the blister to calm it down and soothe the swelling.
- Honey, aloevera gel or apple cider vinegar can also be applied as a spot treatment. [My Tip: Light hand massage of Aloevera gel really helps!!]
- Wear fresh clothes and bathe twice a day, if possible. [My tip: Make sure your clothes dry in good sun even if not direct sunlight!]
- Add one tea spoon of alum and crushed mint leaves to your bath water.
- Tea Tree essential oil also helps with body odor and controlling sweat. Mix two drops with rose water or normal water and apply on the sweaty areas of the body using cotton ball.
|French Cypress Essential Oil and Vetiver Water|
|vanilla body butter duo I got for dad|
|this is the German version of classic nivea creme which is said to be really good which took care of dry patches I developed there|
|my cousin got this sample for me when he went to Germany and it smells really good|
|cup cakes from Spice and Sugar at Khan Market – liked this and their wraps as well..do check the bakery there!!|
|somebody gifted us Kaju Barfi (we don’t buy sweets generally) and my mouth is watering right now!!|
|that’s the rangoli I made…ok, don’t laugh!! That’s the second ever I made in my entire existence 😐|
I have to get into the blogging mode again so the posts might come little lazily. Honestly, a total lazy holiday has taken me into quite a different world and I am right now in a day dream which I want to end ASAP. I wanna go back HOMEEEE. Yup, homesickness at its worst and I am so hungry right now!