- Use mustard or sesame oil on a regular basis, like twice or thrice a week. A regular usage helps prevent the hair from growing gray. They also help with hair which has turned brown!!!
- Black Pepper and Yogurt mask
- Curry leaves are supposedly great for protecting the black color of the hair. So, infuse your oil with dried curry leaves. (learn how to infuse oil here)
- Other herbs which are amazing to prevent hair from growing gray are rosemary, thyme and amla (Indian gooseberry). They also help with hair growth.
Archives for August 2012
Motherhood is a divine emotion. It’s obviously a good news to know that you are going to be a mother but one has to be more responsible and caring coz your body is going to face drastic changes and you have a new life inside. Pregnancy starts with the feeling of nausea and morning sickness for almost all the pregnant women. Today I am sharing my own experience of the first trimester and how I managed them.
- As soon as you wake up in the morning, eat something. Don’t keep yourself starving.
- If you have a habit to start your day with tea, change it now. Either skip it or add some toast or biscuits with it and even ginger tea can help you but my mom used to say take ginger tea only in colder climate so I avoid it in the summers.
- It’ll be great if you take an apple early morning and even before going to bed coz this will help clean your stomach and keeps you energetic.
- Citrus fruits are a great help in feeling of nausea. I always used to eat or chew lemon or orange slices whenever I felt nausea.
- Place potato chips or crackers near your bed so that whenever u feel hungry, you can eat them. This can suppress vomit but remember excess of anything is harmful, so just take few bites.
- Try to get up during night to eat something so that u may not feel too sick and weak in the morning.
- Stay way from strong smells.
- Don’t starve at all.
- Stay away from spicy food, colas and caffeine.
- Don’t get over-tired.
- Stay away from stress.
Last week, I wasn’t keeping well so I had just left my skin to its own devices. I thought it would make a good topic to discuss about how to care for skin so I putting down my points to skin care when I am not well.
Leaving skin as it is works damn well for me coz I stay alone but if you do have someone at your beck and call, take advantage and ask for a sponge bath. You can add essential oils to pucker you up. And, it does make you feel better as well.
Skipping Skin Routines is OK
Don’t fret too much about skipping the skin routines. Its good to leave skin on its own devices once in a while. That gives it time to repair itself with its own process. Also, did you know that once you do not wash the skin, your skin itself starts the cleaning up process. Well, I think it might also be a part of detox process.
But, what if you are a stickler?
Aaah…I can’t leave my skin just like that? How can you even suggest such a thing? Then, my answer is to follow these tips:
- Get a quick face wash.
- In case you don’t wanna skip bath, add a cup of salt to the bath water. It relaxes the muscles and eases body pains.
- Use a water-based moisturizer.
- And, lie and relax.
- Drink lot of fluids entire day!!
That will keep you going and look great even when you are not up to the snuff. If you are a makeup addict, sorry, no tips!! Probably a concealer and lipstick should do the job, just guessing!