- Always use a clean and fresh blade. Discard the blade every monthly or depending ont he frequency you use the blade.
- Always shave on moist skin. Dry skin does not provide the slip needed for the blade to glide and you may end up nicking yourself.
- Splash your face with warm water and apply the shaving gel. Foam it nicely.
- Wait for 30 seconds before you use the blade to give time to the shaving gel to soften the hairs.
- Always shave in the direction of your hair. Avoid shaving in the opposite direction. It is generally very irritating for the skin and burns a lot.
- After shaving, use an after-shave lotion to soothe your skin. Avoid the ones which have alcohol as they are drying and irritating for the skin. If possible, choose the ones which have essential oils in them or make some for yourself at home or ask your wives. They help soothe and calm down the skin better.
- And, as a substitute for shaving gel, you can always use shaving oil. It helps the blade glide easily and softens the hair for easy shaving. And, it is free of unwanted chemicals too and keeps the skin soft and moisturized and prevents nicks and burns. Use any vegetable oil or create your own favorite blends at home.
- And, for those who love using shaving brushes, try out this body shop wooden shaving brush which gives a perfect hold and really soft synthetic bristles which are amazing on the skin.
We have talked so much about women skin care. So, I wanted to focus a bit on men skin care (wives and girl friends, take special note!!!). So, first of the main issues in men’s skin care routine is related to shaving. So, I am sharing some tips I read in a magazine (RailBandhu) recently.
These tips are useful also for girls who like razors better than waxing (ok, not the wooden brush).