- Amount of sunscreen you apply
- Diligence in reapplying the sunscreen
- Its shelf life (the newer the sunscreen, better it works)
- Sunscreen doesn’t prevent tanning, though Zinc Oxide based sunscreens do tend to prevent tanning as much as I have surmised.
- Sunscreen doesn’t protect you from sun completely. It just tries to block some of the radiations (at max 98-99%) so keeping away from sun is the best solution. Try to use protective clothing while in sun and don’t forget to reapply.
- Take Care of your skin well afterward. Always double cleanse to remove sunscreen and use ice cubes to soothe the skin everyday. It acts in two ways – helps to remove tanning and also calms down the skin after a day in sun.
- Applying sunscreen doesn’t mean your skin is not getting Vitamin D. It is a huge misconception.
I think I have addressed all points but if you think something is left out, please do let me know.