- First is to shampoo your hair in the right way. Always partition your hair while washing. That will decrease the tangles and cleans the scalp nicely.
- Now, coming on to conditioning, condition your hair ears down and apply enough of conditioner to cover the hair strands but don’t apply too much or try to lather with the conditioner. A partitioned hair makes it easy for you to condition your bangs.
- So, no stress while your hair is wet. Do not flip your head or crunch your hair in the towel to squeeze out the water. Gently press the hair to remove excess water or put a towel round your shoulder to catch the dripping water. Doing anything more than that can result in hair breakage as wet hair is really delicate.
- Let your hair air dry whenever you can. Well, if you are in a hurry, gently press an old t-shirt and remove excess water. Use a hair dryer on warm setting till your hair becomes just damp and then finish with a cold blast and then comb it out gently. Do not use the highest setting of your hair dryer ever on your naked hair. It is also easy to style damp hair and by the time you get ready, your hair would be completely dry.
- No brushing till your hair is completely dry. And, actually, curly hair gals should use a hair brush very sparingly. Always choose a natural bristle brush and the base of the brush should be wooden.
- Be gentle on your hair while combing and brushing it. Maximum of the damage happens during combing and brushing only if you are not using irons and straighteners and curlers and all.
- Hair Coloring is again a big no-no. If you really want to get it colored, go to a good salon and get a good service from an experienced hair stylist and use quality products to take care of your hair afterward.
Now, apart from all the above-mentioned points, I wanted to focus on tying your hair. In our country, especially, in the South, you will always find girls with oiled and tightly tied braids. That is one of the worst things which can happen to the hair. Leaving your hair open doesn’t mean you are exceptionally fashionable. Yes, there are people who still believe in it.
Also, read Routine Hair Care post to get more tips on hair care.