Archives for April 2010
I have read about so many oils being good for the body but never heard from anyone about the usage of mustard oil on the body. But, when I ‘googled’ it, I found so many references for its usage on skin. Ok, lets talk first about its use on hair.
Losing weight easily becomes a nightmare for everyone. We all try so desperately to be in shape and most of the time we are unsuccessful and the sole reason for this is because we are not trying it in the right way. And, things which we go wrong about are, generally, the most trivial and the most important habits of our daily life . I would be talking about one habit per week and you can change or inculcate the habit in your life and see the difference it makes in one week.
Too much of water can wash away a lot of minerals and vitamins too from the body along with the fat. So, regulate the amount of water you drink according to your body weight, age and the physical activity you do in a day. A good estimate would be not to increase the regular water intake if you find your urine to be colorless. Another very good way to regulate water in body is to drink a liter of water in the morning as soon as you wake up and reduce your water intake after 7 PM in the evening.
- Drink your tea and coffee with honey or without any sweetener to reduce the calories
- Decrease the amount of salt you take everyday by a pinch and soon you will be used to less salt
- If you drink milk, do not add sugar to it
- Reduce the desserts, sweets, chocolates and carbonated beverages you take
- diabetic people are often advised to replace sugar with jaggery
- purifies the blood
- extremely beneficial for anemic people as it is rich in iron
- helps maintain blood pressure levels due to low amounts of sodium
- reduces water retention in the body so controls weight of the body
- is rich in anti-oxidants so helps in fighting the free radicals in the body
- strengthens the nervous system
- helps control indigestion and constipation problems
- extremely beneficial for throat and lung infections
- helps in preventing breathing problems and asthma
- helps fight pollution by allowing people to breathe easily in higher levels of pollution and smoke
- is rich in magnesium so helpful in relieving fatigue and relaxes muscles and nerves
- prevents rheumatism
So, looking at the subset of the health benefits, I would certainly recommend daily consumption of jaggery in the morning breakfast and afternoon lunch.