Archives for March 2010
The treatment started with a hair wash using a hair fall control shampoo from Schwarzkopf, a German company. Then, the lady attending me blow dried my hair and gave me a high frequency scalp treatment. A high frequency (violet rays) current was powered with the help of a vacuum (pipet look-alike) tube. The power of the current was adjusted according to the body tolerance and the tube was moved along whole of my scalp for 5 -7 minutes. This high frequency treatment is believed to kill the bacteria on the scalp. The scalp infections or bacterial growth on the scalp is one of the main causes for hair loss and thin hair. The bacteria inhibit the healthy growth of your hair. The high frequency current also stimulates your hair follicles and helps in detoxification process of the follicles.After that a hair growth serum, again from Schwarzkopf, was applied thoroughly on my scalp directly from the nozzle by partitioning my hair in different sections. This took around 10 – 15 minutes on me. And, I got a good massage starting from my scalp to the end of my back for around 15 – 20 minutes. It was pure heaven. After the massage, I was given an infrared radiation therapy for 5 minutes. The infrared light heats up the scalp and is able to penetrate to two inches in our body. This gives a deep conditioning treatment to the hair to ensure the complete absorption of the hair growth serum. And, finally, my hair was nicely styled.
And, if you are thinking about the potential effects of the high frequency current or infrared radiation therapies on the body, I can assure you that they are most commonly used therapies to eradicate scalp infections and promote hair growth. They do not possess any dangers to the human body. Infrared radiation, unlike the ultra-violet radiation, is used in the daily lives in forms of thermal radiation and is not cancerous. So, the Vital Indulgence treatment is perfectly safe and I can venture to say useful for people suffering from severe hair loss. I have taken only one sitting till now. And, it costs 800 Indian Rupees. The results may be visible after a certain number of sittings depending on the quality and condition of the hair.
I will be sharing with you a very simple home remedy for hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Collect the lime seeds and dry them in the sun for a day or two.
- Mix the lime seeds with black pepper seeds and grind them or powder them.
- You can store the powder for use but not more than a month. It is better to make a fresh batch every time.
- For application, take an adequate quantity of the powder to cover whole of you scalp and mix it with water to make a paste. Apply everyday on the scalp for 30 minutes to 1 hour. And, if not everyday, make sure you use it once a week. Wash off with cold water. You need not follow it with shampoo.
- Alternatively, you can take all the seeds (lime, black pepper and fengreek). Soak them in water overnight. Make a paste of the ingredients. Apply it on the scalp. Best results if done at least thrice a week.
I talked about home remedies for eye care last time in the anti-aging series. Today, I would like to share with you a simple trick of 10 minutes everyday which can take years off from your face. Facial Massage. When we massage other parts of our body, the muscles and bones react in a favourable way by becoming strong and firm.
Then, why not apply the same principle for the face. It is important to keep the face bones strong so that the skin over these bones does not sag. Over years, mostly due to gravity, the skin on our body begins to get pulled down giving an aged look. To massage the face upwards will act as an action against gravity and will yield results in the long run.
- Always wash your face before massaging it
- Do not forget to wash your hands, fingers and nail beds
- Apply a generous amount of oil preferably lighter in texture so that the fingers easily glide on your face
- Use only two fingers – the middle and the ring finger to massage your face
- Use upwards and outwards strokes towards and away from the cheek bones.
- Massage on the eye area should be done only with the ring finger.
- You can use any kind of an oil. Make sure that you are not using essential oils if you are pregnant. Coconut, Olive, Jojoba, Almond are the favourites.
Pomegranates are the best fruits to treat the oily and combination skin. Let us see what health benefits they provide.
- Prevent heart diseases
- Slow down growth of prostrate cancer
- Has anti-inflammatory properties so quickens the skin healing process
- Help in building up and strengthening the immune system
- Reduce chances of skin cancer
- Protects skin from UV damage
- Highly rich in anti-oxidants, Alpha-Hydroxy Acids, Vitamin C so help in skin repair and regeneration process and also, slows down aging
- can also prevent acne
- Grind the seeds and make a thick paste. Apply to face and wash off after 15-30 minutes. Your skin will feel fresh and firmer. Also helps in reducing the spots and blemishes on skin.
- Dip cotton ball in pomegranate juice and apply on skin after cleansing. It will help get rid of acne and pimples. It is an excellent astringent and toner.
- You can use the seeds paste as a body scrub. It would remove excess oil.
- Use pomegranate juice to make clay masks or other kinds of face masks
- For a dry skin, mix honey and pomegranate juice or seeds paste and apply to your skin. It will instantly revive your face giving it a fresh glow without drying your skin.