- Care for your hair well. Not one day’s negligence is pardonable. Love your hair.
- If you have curly or oily hair, do not use brush. Brush only if your reacts nicely to it. If you lose more hair by brushing, do not brush.
- Moisturize your hair regularly. Either use a leave-in or rub few drops of any vegetable oil (preferably olive oil or jojoba oil mixed with lavender or rosemary essential oil) and finger comb your hair. Pay special attention to the ends.
- Do not use too many hair products. More chemicals will damage your hair. Switch to natural products. But, choose wisely.
- Keep your hair and scalp completely clean.
- Go for regular trimming or do trimming at home. Once a month is ideal or if your growing your mane, once in 2 months is fine and remember to snip off only the ends. No need to cut more than an eight of an inch if you do regular trimming.
- Take 8-9 hours of sleep regularly. Hair grows maximum when you are asleep.
- Once in a while, let your hair get completely dirty. Then, wash your hair well. You will feel good about your hair.
- Oil your hair regularly.
- Do not wash your hair more than 3 times a week. It leaves your hair dry. If you have oily hair, you can use cornmeal or baby powder as a dry shampoo.
- Do not tease your hair.
- Do regular exercise to improve blood circulation in the complete body. This will ensure that your scalp is getting essential nutrients for hair growth.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat good food which includes a lots of green vegetables and fruits. Do not forget almonds, walnuts and raisins. Also, eat flax seeds. They provide hair growth and keep your skin smooth.
Hair acts as a mirror of our health. It is one of the first things which shows the deficiencies in our body. The health of hair is directly proportional to the nutrition we are in-taking. So, to grow a healthy mane and to maintain it in the same desirable way, one should eat nutritious and healthy food. Apart from nutrition, one must follow certain tips for a healthy growth of locks.
Follow all the above-stated tips and start on your way to long hair.