This long vacation has been pretty much a movie binging time. I have lost track of all the sitcoms I used to check out which were due to begin in October. Anyways, I shall do that once I get rid of hubby darling!! Gosh, having them home at all times is so time-consuming, dontchya think? 😀
I could actually want the movie to be lost. Unless I am being too dumb or sarcastic, I am not one of the intelligent crowd for which the movie was made!! But, Dimple Kapadia stands out and the famous Pankaj Kapur painting of her was a hilarious and poignant sequence in the movie which deserves a mention.
Just now, I am watching it in the television. It has barely been a month since it has released and its already on the small screen.
Anyways, it has received many bad reviews but I really liked the movie. It is a cute small love story unless we sit and analyze the goods and bads.
Arjun Roy Kapoor stands out again, even better than Parineeti, and that was the USP of the film for me. And, loved the Meri Mannat tu song. I missed Khoobsurat.
Ummm…I am really not sure what to say about the movie. It was amazing. As usual Tabu, Kay Kay and Irfan Khan killed it!! Shahid was also good and loved how subtly the oedipus complex was depicted. But, I am still not sure of my own opinion about the movie. Though, the landscape and depiction of Kashmir is beyond words.
A medley of all the movies! Deepika looks hot in the Lovely song but no other words for it!!
Well, do not take my words for telugu movies because I do not connect with them and unless they are reallyy good.
I do not know why Naga Chaitanya even clicks. He is so unlike his father in terms of charm and looks but still whatever the case be, I was unimpressed with the movie. The heroine was made to look like Shruti Hassan which was sad.
It is a thriller and I would say a decent one at that!! Not a big star cast or a long film, it could have been more crisper with better editing.
And, now, I am facing the adrenalin rush!! Yeah, actually, I took out our car for the first time and I almost banged it up badly TWICE!! And, ended up parking it almost into the pillar. Have called up my hubby’s cousin (does that make him my cousin?) to rectify the mistake before anyone comes to know of it 😀
Yeah, I know I disappeared again!! Sorry folks for being so erratic. The vacation had turned into a medical leave for hubby and I was also getting tired with all the household work and then the festive season. Now, I am totally drained out. So, here is a big tired hello to all of you on a Sunday.
Btw, did you check out the new About Me page?
Well, for all my readers, there is surprise on the About Me page so do check it out and let me know if you like it. I have finally put a face to the blog. Hope that helps you connect more to it 🙂
This is a personal experience that my self-care routine has gone to a toss after marriage. So many things to do and so many chores to complete that it looks like a never-ending project. So, people over there, I strongly suggest you to make your life whole lot easier and enjoy it!!
This one is for all the bloggers out there. Lately, I have been taking a lot of free courses on blogging offered by the pro-bloggers and like. There are few things I have realized in all of this process.
- Restarting the blogging habit is way too difficult so never stay away long from the blog.
- All the mantras to success of the blog depend on you. If you listen too much to the others, your own voice will dissolve in the process.
- All the courses offered, paid or not, are there to help you blog better but ultimately it is your choice and desire to find the balance between the given tips and your style. That choice should bring forth your personality. If you feel following any tip makes you feel wooden or anything, avoid it. Keep reading and only incorporate things which echo with you.
- Ultimately, the winner is content and marketing. This is the reason why it is important to blog everyday. To keep you on your toes and to help your readers regularly.
- And, marketing is obviously important. No product can succeed without the right strategy. So, think a bit on that aspect. It is necessary for anti-social bloggers like me 😀 Honestly, I have never really understood the art of marketing even though it has been five years!
- Do not let blogging become a chore to you!
Btw, would you be comfortable seeing all sorts of different postings on the blog apart from beauty posts like relationships or food or house? Do let me know in the comments what you think about it?
So, finally, we are heading to a vacation after like ages and since I did not want to take the stress of churning out post after post, I thought I would take a vacation instead. So, see you folks on Tuesday or Wednesday. Actually, my return ticket is not yet booked so no idea when I will be back 😀
But, in the meanwhile, you do not disappear from the blog and keep commenting 🙂
So, finally, after this long, I have a quiet time for myself. Don’t get me wrong. It is not like I am surrounded by people all time demanding my attention. In fact, I am a blogger for life now and I have all time for myself apart from what time hubs is at home which is comparatively less.
But, still, there is hardly the quiet of the dead night or a still morning when you are in front of the laptop trying hard to churn out post after post just for the sake of it. It is the tranquil I seek when I am at peace with myself which is only before it hits 7:00 AM in the morning, when all the clamour of the world starts.
So, lets check out what I realized.
- All good ideas come in the most improbable or inconvenient times.
- I have no idea how to lead a quiet and disciplined life. I try so hard but it is so damn difficult to stop mind from raving on when I am going to sleep.
- Doing random questionnaires is good for relationships. You get to know a lot about each other.
- Writing full time is a way difficult job.
- But, it is important to love what you do.
- And, this is what is keeping me from sleeping at nights.
- So, keep chasing the dreams with open eyes and more efforts.
- And, have pride in your work.
- Unless you have the complete pride in it, no one else will have it.
- Stop listening to people who are right in their opinion but so wrong in yours and most often, they turn out to be your relatives.
- List down the priorities. And, work according to them.
- Never be churlish in spending for what you do. Get a white board and make mind maps. They really help!
- Keep a track of investments and expenses. Plan the budgets.
- Working AT home does not mean you are doing nothing or you should cook on time. You can skip meals for work at home and eat out!!
- But, do not take health for a ride.
- Oh yes, stop creating backlogs. Try to finish tomorrow’s work today, not the other way round.
- And, focus on one thing at a time. If you need to check mails, wait till you finish the current work or check mails and then come back to this but do not juggle. And, yup, shut down that mobile for a while.
Btw, I wanted to tell you all that I have left my job for blogging. Well, why is a totally different thing. I was never satisfied there and then I was sure I did not want to do it. And, ultimately, I took the hard decision. Yes, it was scary at first but now I am sure it was the correct one!! And, the hard part is convincing the gharwalas (family members) of this 🙂
So, what things have you realized lately?
Hey Everyone! It has been really long since I have shared the products in my shelf with you all. So, I thought it would be a good exercise to start with the essential oils first. Most of the essential oils I buy from a wholesale retailer Moksha lifestyle and I love Kama ayurveda essential oils as well thought they are very expensive!!
- French Cypress – no idea what it really does but smells heavenly!
- Peppermint – best for hair growth!
- Lavender – not sure if it really suits me but it helps in soothing the nerves, calms the mind and helps one sleep. also helps in hair growth and oil balancing. can be applied neat on skin.
- Ylang Ylang – I love this! and, helps in hair growth.
- Tea Tree – keeps away pests and mosquitoes and helps with any skin problem. can be applied neat like lavender.
- Rosemary – helps in hair growth.
- Patchouli – smells beautiful. apparently can be used as perfume if used as perfume oil.
- Cinnamon Bark – helps in hair growth but can be irritating on skin if used in excess.
- Ginger – stimulates circulation and helps in hair growth.
- Cedar Wood – no idea again but smells good.
- Frankincense – second favourite in essential oils. one of the best essential oils to be used in diffuser.
- Afrazan’s Palmarosa – can be used as a substitute for rose essential oil.
So, what do you say?
How long has it really been since I have sat down and talked? To myself as well. So, what I did today? I gotta hair cut and I cut down my entire hair up to the shoulders! So, yup, the growing session will again start.
Yay, I lost quite a bit of weight and that too without doing anything!! So, that is another positive change. And, then, I have started learning how to cook so that is something which is taking a lot of my time. Though, its a different issue that if I sit in front of my lappy, I totally forget everything else! Gotta change that.
Been quite long since I have read anything properly so have to work on it. And, I have to find a proper time to do that! Now, I have started knowing how lazy I am. Btw, the latest craze for me these days is Agatha Christie’s Poirot. Recently, they had finally ended the show and it was so darn good that I am watching reruns of it every moment.
And, yes, one more thing. Coming back to blogging is not quite as easy as I had supposed. So, thanks a lot for sticking with me. In fact, I do have a couple of products to review and the brands had offered giveaways as well so let us see how does that work out!!
Not exactly a review but we watched Humpty Sharma ki Dulhaniya yesterday and I had to talk about it. It has been quite sometime since some decent movies have come.
Ek Villian was a huge disappointment. In fact, we went for a night show and movie had been running for 40 minutes and the screen disappears. I am assuming that the movie tape was corrupted. And, we were so relieved. It was a damn boring 40 min!!
Bobby Jasoos. I have to say that the trailers were quite interesting and since I am not getting any movie bites on television or youtube, I rely only on the first impressions of the movie. And, this was definitely on my list because of Vidya Balan. And, she was damn good. In fact, we loved the movie except for its cliched ending for about 10 min. A fun and light-hearted film and of course, don’t expect much.
Humpty ….. Dulhaniya. I am not sure if I loved it. But, I enjoyed it and the only reason why I enjoyed it was Varun Dhawan. His cute puppy look face and what will happen with him is what will keep you to the seats. Alia Bhatt is as usual spunky and she is more a Punjabi character than a Tamilian (portrayed in 2 States). SOTY seems to be a bad first movie for either of the actors. It was more of glitz than content.
And, I am waiting for Finding Fanny and there is this one movie on food. Not Chef. It has Om Puri and Helen Miller and the story revolves around a restaurant and an Indian Michelin Star Chef learning cooking from Miller. The movie was supposed to hit theaters in July. Not sure when it will come!!
What about you? Did you like the movies?