Scalp massage increases blood circulation (blood carries nutrients vital for hair) to your scalp, relieves you of mental stress, reduces hair loss and aids in hair growth. If done everyday for 15 minutes, it can help the hair growth tremendously and relax your mind and prepare you for a good sleep. There is a technique of performing scalp massage.
- Stand against the wall at one arm distance placing both your palms on the wall in a horizontal position. Your arms should be parallel to the ground. Now, bend your elbows towards the wall and move only your upper body towards the wall without bending your back like doing push ups against the wall. You will feel the tension near the diaphragm. Now, release your elbows and move back into the original position. Repeat the exercise for 50 times daily.
- Stand straight in an attention position. Rotate the shoulders in a backward motion without moving any part of the body for 100 times daily. You should feel the movement in the breasts.
Honey is a natural humectant. It traps moisture and keeps your skin supple. It is anti-bacterial and prevents the skin breakouts. Many of the skin care and hair care products swear by the goodness of honey. The home remedies have their stock full of goodness of honey.
- put on a thick layer of honey on your face for 30 minutes and wash off.
- to remove scars, blemishes, even out complexion or any other marks on skin, apply honey on it.
- use it as an ingredients of various face masks.
- use it to clean your eyes
- use it as a hair conditioner (wash off or leave-in)
- use it as a last rinse for shine
- pour a table spoon of honey in bath water for a silky smooth skin
Turmeric is an Indian spice which grows in the forests of South-East Asia. It belongs to the family of ginger and is used in the powdered form. It is one of the main ingredients of the Indian, Persian, Thai and Malay dishes. It is also used to impart a rich yellow color to the dishes.
Turmeric has many medicinal properties. It helps prevent cancer and cures skin disorders. It has many benefits for health:
- performs complete body detoxification
- has abundant anti-oxidants
- ease joint pains and inflammation associated with arthritis
- prevents premature aging
- prevents cancer
- protects liver health
- protects against heart attacks and strokes
- improves digestion power
- may prevent cataract and bacterial infections
- protects against severe cold
Apart from the above mentioned health benefits, it also has benefits for the skin:
- fights aging
- prevents skin disorders
- improves the skin complexion
- gets rid of facial or body hair
Home Remedies for Health care:
- A pinch of edible turmeric taken with milk every day provides the health benefits of turmeric. Alternatively, a turmeric stick can be boiled in milk and taken every night.
- Turmeric is also used as an antiseptic over cuts and wounds.
- If you have severe swelling due to sprain or any internal injury, you can mix turmeric with any bearably hot vegetable oil (preferably mustard oil) and apply over the swelled area and tie the area securely with a bandage. The swelling would come down in a day or two.
- If you have cold, you can put a pinch of turmeric in hot boiling water and inhale steam for at least 10 minutes.
I have enumerated some of its benefits:
- improves memory and concetration
- increases self-confidence
- improves the spine flexibility
- strengthens immune and digestive system
- detoxifies the body
- improves the body posture
- removes the excess fat
- improves blood circulation
- improves the skin and hair health
- increases the oxygen flow to the body and lungs
- improves mental health by combating stress
The video describes the procedure of Suryanamaskar. Visit here for a detailed step by step explanation of the salutation.
Everyone is busy in Christmas and New Year preparations. So, how to prepare to look good in the celebrations. Follow the following tips and enjoy the holidays:
- Drink adequate amount of water, no matter what. People tend to drink less water in winters but it affects the skin more adversely. The winter winds dehydrate the skin anyways. You have to hydrate yourself to keep in balance. If you fail to do it, your skin will look leathery with all the make up on and no suppleness.
- Sleep properly and adequately. Finish your beauty sleep for minimum 7 hours. Do not take any drinks two hours prior to sleep.
- Cleanse your face every night, no matter what. Otherwise, your skin will look aged on next day.
- Before the celebrations begin, get yourself an appointment at the saloon well in advance. Remember this is a rush hour season and be on time. Get yourself pampered and indulge in expenses. You would love the result. Get a hair cut and highlights if you wish. They will look great.
- On the day of festivities, give yourself appropriate time to get ready. Do not rush through it.
- Include body scrub, bath oils, bath salts in your bath and soak for 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can pour 2-3cups of milk and 2-3 drops of any essential oil of your choice in your tub and soak. Scrub with wash cloth afterward gently.
- While soaking, you can also apply any fruit face mask if you want and tea bags on your eyes to relax them and make them look brighter. Banana, papaya, orange brings an instant glow on the face. Apple makes your skin look clean and bright. Any fruit will do the job because of the natural ingredients present in it. You can also include milk cream or vegetable oils suitable to your skin while mashing the fruits to moisturize. Prepare a fresh batch every time.
- Wash your hair before you go for a soak. Do not condition. While you soak, apply honey on your hair and cover with a shower cap. While you are showering, wash your hair well and use any tea or vinegar as last rinse. It gives instant shine to your hair. Let your hair air dry if not in hurry.
- When you come out of the shower, apply some perfume on the skin. Dab perfume on warm areas of your body like armpits, cleavages, inner thighs. Moisturize your body. Apply perfume again on the same spots you applied earlier or as per your choice. You can apply talc and then again apply perfume. Last layer can be put on the clothes you wear. Ensure the floral smells and buy a natural perfume which is non-irritating to your skin. Applying perfume in layers and warm areas ensures it to stay longer.
- When your hair is damp, style your hair. You can use shine serums to increase the shine or other hair products of your choice. Use products in moderation so as to not let your hair weigh down. Less is good.
- Before applying make up, do not forget your sunscreen in case your are going out in day time.
- At night, a lip gloss and mascara is enough to give the effect.
- For people who are not product junkies and like to go natural like me, 2-3 drops of any vegetable oil would be enough to bring shine to your hair. When your hair is damp, take oil into your palms and finger comb through your hair paying special attention to the ends. This will seal the moisturizer into your hair. While finger combing, gently untangle your hair so that you do not need to comb or brush it. Simple finger combing can give great style to your hair. Try it out. Definitely, it depends a lot on the hair texture too. Wavy hair is the best bet. Or, if you still prefer combing, use a wide tooth comb. Do not forget sunscreen in any case. To be ready for a night out, a lip gloss adds a smashing effect. Making up the eyes is no harm but the least you can do is to apply kohl. They give an instant lift to your eyes. Wash your eyes with lot of cold water before that to make them look brighter. Buy good products. Do not worry about expenses. Cheap products are often not good for the skin but, again, do not judge by the brands. Go for products which suit your skin.