Sometime in between flipkart had discontinued selling my favourite Organic Surge shampoo and I was looking around to see if I could get used to something else!! And, then, Omved people sent out their product to check out.
I was excited to try it out because of the fact that they are a completely organic brand and I have loved their body oil which I had reviewed earlier. And, I have overshot the reviewing time (again!) but I have used the product so thoroughly and almost to the last drop!! Now, I am not really sure if I love the product because I have had variable results with it, honestly!
Loving It / Using It : Using It
|Shampoo – Ingredient List|
- Price – Really expensive!! A bottle would last 2-3 months depending on your hair length.
- Availability – Online shop
- Smells bad. Actually, I do not like it at all. It is supposed to smell of rosemary and but it smells really weird.
- Packaging – I like that the shampoo comes in a aluminium sort of bottle with a pump but unfortunately for me, the pump really didn’t work so I had to unscrew the top and use it. It was inconvenient. The conditioner comes in a glass bottle with a pump which worked perfectly and does not give up a large amount of product. I like to think it is travel-friendly but I have not really travelled with it.
- Has to be followed with a conditioner.
|Conditioner – Ingredient List|
Only one dollop of shampoo is really necessary for a shoulder length hair. And, I have noticed that it works best to dilute the product with water. It lathers a lot for a SLS free product and it works really well to remove the oil in the hair.
I use almost 10 pumps of the conditioner but so much of quantity is not really necessary. But, it softens the hair pretty much because the shampoo leaves it a lot dry and gives a bit of shine to the hair. And, one bottle will last about 20 washes for a mid-waist length hair. Even after using the conditioner, one has to use leave-in.
It does make the dry hair more drier so I would not say it is suited for all hair types. Oily hairs would find it better than the dry haired gals. And, don’t forget your hair conditioner and the leave-in.
Have you used the product? How did you like it? Do share your experience with any other product you might have used from Omved!
Loving It / Using It Vol. 9 – Le Beurre Shea Butter Body Cream Vanilla
Loving It / Using It Vol. 7 – Madara Colour and Shine Shampoo for Colored / Treated Hair
Loving / Using It Vol. 6 – Vaadi Herbals Chandan Kesar Haldi Face Pack