Just Gossip Vol. 33 – My stash of Essential Oils!

photo IMG_8702_zps3ef07189.jpg
Hey Everyone! It has been really long since I have shared the products in my shelf with you all. So, I thought it would be a good exercise to start with the essential oils first. Most of the essential oils I buy from a wholesale retailer Moksha lifestyle and I love Kama ayurveda essential oils as well thought they are very expensive!!

photo IMG_8718_zpsd2290ebb.jpg
Kama Ayurveda’s
  • French Cypress – no idea what it really does but smells heavenly!
  • Peppermint – best for hair growth!
  • Lavender – not sure if it really suits me but it helps in soothing the nerves, calms the mind and helps one sleep. also helps in hair growth and oil balancing. can be applied neat on skin.
  • Ylang Ylang – I love this! and, helps in hair growth.
  • Tea Tree – keeps away pests and mosquitoes and helps with any skin problem. can be applied neat like lavender.

photo IMG_8720_zps1425c1d8.jpg
Moksha
  • Rosemary – helps in hair growth.
  • Patchouli – smells beautiful. apparently can be used as perfume if used as perfume oil.
  • Cinnamon Bark – helps in hair growth but can be irritating on skin if used in excess.
  • Ginger – stimulates circulation and helps in hair growth.
  • Cedar Wood – no idea again but smells good.
  • Frankincense – second favourite in essential oils. one of the best essential oils to be used in diffuser.

photo IMG_8722_zps1f4fbed7.jpg
  • Afrazan’s Palmarosa – can be used as a substitute for rose essential oil.
So, what do you say?

Related Posts:

Just Gossip Vol. 32 – Just Gossip!
Just Gossip Vol. 31 – Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall!!
Just Gossip Vol. 30 – TV Shows you could binge on this weekend!

Comments

anything which catches my eye or in this case, my nose ;P i think i would go for something which i can use to create perfume oil though i would love to get an entire cupboard for all of them 😀

Swati,, I had been thinking of this for a pretty long time.. With my age nearing to 30s and a hefty schedule I need to take care of my skin and hair as well. Hence ditching all the chemical laden creams and lotions and coming back to my essential oils and natural stuffs ..

haha….true, me too hitting 30 soon :( yup eo’s are pretty helpful. for a start you can go for your favourite carrier oil and tea tree unless your skin is really dry!! tea tree helps normal and combination skin too.

2. vickie says

Thanks Swati for sharing your knowledge with people. Please how I get a clear or light and glowing face.

3. vickie says

Hi Swati, I started having eye bag at a very tender age till now although I wear glasses I have not been able to do away with the eye bag.
    People will ask didn’t you sleep? And it makes me look older.
    Please what can I use to remove the eye bag.?
    How can I get a light and glowing face?
    Thanks.

hi Vickie. seems like its a hereditary problem. if not, do you have high sodium levels or low iron levels? use tea bags to calm down your eye bags. and, try to detox your body for a week by reducing the amount of salt. for glowing face, drink a lot of herbal teas and water and make sure your skin is well hydrated and moisturized.