And, the best part is you do not have to go and hunt for a shaving oil in the market. You can use any oil available in your kitchen. Be sure to use only vegetable oils or pure oils. It might sound weird for you to hear that we can use an oil as an alternative to shave.
But, it works fabulously and gives a much cleaner and safer shave than any richly foaming hair conditioner or shaving creams.
- No chemicals. While shaving, any cream or gel might enter your body or react with your skin. It might give you rashes or allergies. Shaving Oil is nothing but a moisturizing ingredient so you would not feel any rash.
- Oil moisturizes your skin well so there is no dryness which happens after shaving.
- Oil helps the razor to glide smoothly so it gives a much cleaner and closer shave. You would love the way your skin feels afterward. Also, you would not suffer from any nicks and cuts while shaving due to the smooth gliding motion
- Oil can be used anywhere on the body safely. You can apply oil on your pubic area also without having second thoughts where as other methods (use of gels and creams) might cause allergic reactions on sensitive parts of the bodies and might become big problems. You can also use this method to shave the genatalia.
- You can easily shave a dense growth of hair too after applying the oil.There is a less risk of ingrown hair.
- And, lastly, it costs much less so saves your pocket money or you can use the same money to buy something more worthwhile.
The ideal oils for shaving are: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Sesame Oil, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil.
- Do not wet the body part you want to shave.
- Apply the oil very generously over the area you want to shave and massage the area well for 5 minutes to make the hair soft.
- Now, gently shave with the razor.
- After the shave, you can take a bath. Do not use soap on the shaved area. Instead, use enough hot water to wash off the oil.
- You may consider sanitizing your razor.