My Hair Diary – February 2013

My hair diaries

My gosh, we are in third month already!! Honestly, the year is moving too fast for me even though February was hell longer for me than usual for being the smallest month in the year! I have so many deadlines to meet in this month!

Anyways, coming to how cared for my hair this month, I was a lot more diligent in oiling the hair every time before shampooing. And, I used the grapeseed oil on the scalp after washing my hair every time.

Grapeseed oil stimulates the hair follicles for hair growth. Whether I have seen any improvement is yet to be decided so I wouldn’t say anything. Btw, I HAVE to share this with you.

My hair diaries

Remember my friend whose aloevera routine I had shared with you a while back. She has an amazing hair. Its perfectly naturally straight and is really shiny and guess what it doesn’t even get limp!!

But, I have seen the way she cares for her hair. First, she has always stuck to parachute since she was a kid and never changed. She uses some L’Oreal shampoo which is not available in India and sunsilk conditioner! But, those were just the products. She applies curd on her hair almost every time for 30 minutes before shampooing. And, once in a week (this is something I am guessing) she mixes the curd with Biotique musk root (which I also love totally) and applies it to her hair for 20-30 minutes. And, sometimes, she applies henna to her hair twice a month for just conditioning!

In fact, her routine is quite inspiring me to get back to the old methods! I would say that it is true that this much care does help the hair even if one is not blessed with perfect hair genes!

Products Used

• Shampoo – Kamini shampoo + Neev Olive Neem Shampoo + Organic Surge Moisture Boost
  • Conditioner – Kamini Conditioner
  • Leave-in and Scalp Treatment – Soulflower Grapeseed Oil with Rosemary EO
  • Hair Oil – Kamini Oil + Parachute Hot Oil Treatment

Related Posts:

Comments

1. Pranali says

the curls look absolutely lovely in the second pic.. does ur friend use curd over the hair oil?? i’ve tried using just curd on my hair and it started dripping from my head and created so much mess!!

Wow..beautiful..ur hair is shining and the curls are amazing..
    this reminds me, i hv to use my biotique musk root pack..
    btw, how do u wash it off?with shampoo or just plain water?

Swati, did you ever consider restarting the onion mask? I started using it on you tip I think that I am seeing lusher locks! So thank you! Unfortunately, the scent does leak out when it’s both warm and humid. I’ll have to try something to cut the smell. I’ve been able to cut down on the stink factor a little by applying just a little with a dropper so that it just gets on my scalp instead of on my hair.

hey….actually, no! i haven’t tried it again but hearing your feedback, i am tempted to do so :) may be using essential oils would help with the stink! would try and let you know :)

4. Jean says

Hi Sawti,
    Wanted to knw while using onion extract for hair growth how long shud we keep?? Is one hour a day ok? How long should this be done?

hey Jean…one hour a day is fine or keep it till it dries and flakes off in the hair and then wash your hair. do it till you see improvement in your condition.

5. Sweety C says

hai everyone,
    I read all your posts..I had a thick hair 2years back. But now my hair at the top are thick but when coming down its thinning. I tried onion juice mask, eating fenugreek seeds daily morning. But i cant see any difference. My thickness at the top is enough for me, but i need the same thickness at the end. Please help anyone.