Most people see parsley as a simple garnish, but its nutrients and health benefits go beyond just decorating your food. Parsley, when applied to the skin, helps reduce fine lines, small scars, blemishes, and pore size. How can this simple plant be so helpful?
Parsley can be found in your local grocery store, but if you are interested in growing your own parsley, it is a useful plant that can grow well both indoors and outdoors when given the right amount of sunlight, rich soil, and care.
The other ingredients in this recipe are great when applied to your skin as well. Egg yolks can reduce the appearance of pores, acne, and make skin glow and reveal its softness. Honey acts as a skin softener and has natural antioxidants and anti-microbial properties that help protect your skin from past sun damage.
Together these ingredients will help your face feel softer, more radiant, and smooth. Here are the ingredients measurements you will need and step by step instructions to successfully make this all-natural parsley face mask. Enjoy!
Note: If pregnant, avoid consuming large amounts of parsley.
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon (optional)
- Finely chop the parsley with either a knife or use a food processor
- Add one egg yolk to the mixture
- Add 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tsp of lemon, if desired
- Mix ingredients well
- Using a basting brush, apply mask over entire face, avoiding the eyes
- Let sit for 20 minutes
- Wash away with warm water and pat face dry