How often do you change your bedsheets or pillow covers? {Your Opinion}

My answer to the question is preferably once in a week at least. But, my mom changes the entire bed linen every three days diligently!! I make it a weekly excuse saying I live alone but I do pass on for a month or two sometimes as well.
This ensures hygiene for one. If you have oily and acne prone skin, using same pillow everyday might result in breakouts so changing the pillow covers once in two days might help with controlling the breakouts. And, also, for hair, clean bed covers help to control dandruff and keep oily hair clean.
Also, if you might have noticed, the day you spread freshly washed bed linen, you get a good night’s sleep. You feel fresh when you get into the bed. Also, the room looks dirty and unclean if the linen has not been changed for long.
Oh and if you are down, you have to for sure change them after you are UP :D So, its a good practice to get the bed clothes washed at least twice a week. That’s on my next to-do list :)
So, how often do you change the covers?

Related Posts:

Do you wash your face first thing in the morning?
How long do you sleep?Do you mind disclosing your age?

Comments

I once made a post about the relation of acne to dirty pillowcases (and it’s one of my most popular, lol… I was featured on a university paper last year because of that post so it’s very close to my heart, haha). Although all the signs and studies tell me I should change my sheets more often if I want to have better skin and better health, I usually don’t have the time and the patience. So I change mine every month. For pillowcases, I try to change every 2 weeks although I haven’t been consistent with that either.

WOW! Your mom changes linens every 3 days! I can’t even change my towels every 3 days, lol. Too lazy. :D

Happy New Year Swati!
    Your regular updates are like reading the morning paper for me. :)

2. Coral Crue says

I also have to say that I immediately went and changed my week long sheets after reading your post!!! your blog is good for my system hehe

3. Roshni says

Hey Swati … while I do try to change every week, I do sometimes go up to 3 weeks .. my excuse, I work 12-13 hours during the week and hubby and me are too tired during the week :D

But agree with you, bed linen should be changed once every weke at least!

4. Revathy says

i too change them every saturday.. to get tat nice weekend feel.. :D or atleast once in 10 days..

plus i prefer pastels & ivory for summers & darker shades for winter… :)

never linked it to hair and skin care. I put a cover on my bedsheets and pillows, so no problem of dust and mess. And I change every 2 to 3 weeks. But now I think I will be more frequent

Has anyone actually made a more drastic effort who’s had dandruff and seen a long term improvement? I’m looking for answers and running out of options. I went to a wenatex (high priced, dust-mite free bed, amazing) sales dinner the other week and thought there might be a like to bed hygiene and skin problems. I see the benefit and I don’t mean to make the problem bigger, but isn’t changing the sheets more regularly like changing your clothes more regularly without ever having a shower? The dirt and dust-mites in the pillows and mattresses seem to be the bigger problem. I don’t mean to make a bigger question, just after a bigger answer.
    Sorry guys

Sorry guys

I certainly wish I could be as dedicated as your mom is when changing the sheets. Like you, I typically change them every week or so, but on busy weeks, I often forget. However, I agree that it’s important to change them frequently enough that the oils on your pillow case and sheets don’t cause your body to develop clogged pores. That is frankly disgusting.