It has been soooooo long since I have done ANY DIY. This particular recipe was supposed to be published some time in last August but then I totally forgot about it. Now, if you would remember the elaborate hair ritual of Kamini aunty which I had followed, one of her products were ginger tonic.
- Ginger Powder (made at home or from market)
- Vinegar (preferably Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Distilled Water
- Either shred a whole block of ginger at home using the cheese grater or use ginger powder available in the market.
- When you are shredding the ginger block at home, you would find a lot of juice also comes out. Do not throw it away.
- Now, take a vinegar bottle. I would suggest you to get Apple Cider Vinegar but then its expensive and not exactly available everywhere so you can go for fruit or non-fruity vinegar as well. Try to buy the ones which come in glass bottles instead of plastic ones.
- Empty an entire packet of ginger powder or the entire grated ginger block with its juice into the vinegar bottle.
- Let it infuse for a week in dark. Keep on shaking the bottle in between to speed up the infusion process.
- After a week, pour half of the vinegar into another bottle. Make sure to include the ginger powder or shreds in both bottles equally. Do not remove or throw them.
- After dividing the vinegar equally in both bottles, pour distilled water in equal quantity (for 50ml of vinegar, pour 50ml of water).