My Skin Care Routine {Skin Care}

Being a beauty blogger, many of you would be thinking that I have a very elaborate routine and am very diligent about it. Nothing could be farther than truth. I am the most lazy person you will ever come across and I can ignore my skin or hair for a long time.

The maximum I have ignored my hair is a week, after that I have to at least wash it. I do many times skip conditioning or oiling as well. And, skin, I can ignore for months together except for basic cleansing and moisturizing. Right now, I am passing through that kind of lazy phase.
Cleansing
Obviously, can’t ignore it. Ok, there have been days I have done that. But, these days, I do follow that coz I am having my bath twice a day. Having a geyser at my disposal is actually harming my skin more. Why? I used to stay in a hostel earlier which had just one common geyser for the entire floor.
I used to use a heating rod to heat the water [was too lazy to carry buckets of water from the bathroom to my room!] But, now, the geyser is right there in my bathroom. I like hot baths and, now, I am trying to control the temperature of the water I use so that it doesn’t dry my skin too much.

Moisturizing
I am using the Lotus White Glow Emulsion for day time and for night, I generally use Rustic Art Aloevera Gel and follow with a drop or two of any facial oil. Sometimes, I prepare my own. Yup, I know I haven’t done any DIY in a long while but I lack inspiration and patience both!!!

Sunscreen
If I actually see the pattern of last month, there have been many many days when I have blatantly skipped the sun protection. Ok, let me confess, I don’t really like applying it and it takes too much of time and effort and it increases my getting-ready time exponentially.

But, let me also add that when I skipped the sunscreen, my skin has perceptibly darkened and since I have started it again, I have seen my skin come back to its original color gradually. So, yup, its an unavoidable nuisance. I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer.

Lips
I have been using Nivea Pomegranate for lips in the morning and at night, I have been using Aloe Veda lip balm. But, my lips are really getting dry coz I miss out using lip balms generally and in the office, its really difficult for me to remember. AC is also taking a toll.

Body Care
I do tend to skip the morning miniaturization coz of the scarcity of time. Currently, I am using the Nivea Express Hydration lotion. And, at night also, many times, I skip but do not do that!!! Otherwise, I am using The Body Shop Polynesian Monoi Oil. And, if need be, follow with the nivea lotion again.

That’s it!! Yup, there are a lot of things missing. Exfoliation or Dry Brush which I totally love. I haven’t exfoliated my face since like ages and dry brush, trust me, I am missing it desperately but I misplaced it while shifting and I am afraid I lost it!!!

Anyways, so you have seen my routine, you would want to ask how is my skin feeling? Its become dry since August and I can’t really do without moisturizing. I have to be a regular at it. Otherwise, my skin is soft and good enough. So, what’s your skin care routine?

Comments

1. nami says

i got excited when saw the post title coz you rarely post on your skin care routine,correct me if am wrong…are you agree with the Lotus White Glow Emulsion ingredients ?do you find it good?
    I don’t like too many unnecessary additives in my skincare (e.g. fragrance, colorants) but I am not too concerned with a product being ‘natural’ or organic.I usually opt for the paraben free products (where available). But with products I really like I usually look the other way! :)

2. Pranali says

Lush AOBS & oat meal is what works best for my skin. i general don’t use products that contain parabens..
    even i skip sunscreen many times..

hey … I am so excited to know that you are super lazy like me when it comes to skin and hair care. Its been ages I have put on a hair pack. Mehendi – never … for face, I do take a lill care with ctm – I use acnes face wash, sharose toner and shalife cream – this is a creamy cream serves the purpose of face pack and moisturiser. :) thats my skin care and yeah sunscreen I am using suncross gel with spf 26, which is a good physical sun block … Akhila

4. Roshni says

Swati, you have a good skin care routine. My routine consists only of washing my face in the morning with a face wash and applying Galenco baby lotion on my arms once in office (AC!!!!). And thats it! Cant bear to have cream on my face. And dont even own a sunscreen and dont plan to buy one either given my Vit. D deficiency. Like to get all the sun I can. I know afternoon sun is not good for skin, but rarely am out in the afternoon except on weekends that too for a few minutes. Anyways, when I used to use sunscreen, it was extremely greasy and made me perspire like crazy. So I avoid sunscreen like plague :D. Would love to know what you think of my “routine” .. hehe

haha…sunscreen avoidance is something i have done and i know it harms me in a negative way…if it works out for you, its good enough..otherwise to the routine is perfect…AC is so difficult yaar.

• Roshni says

True. it is expensive. But I dont have the patience to make at home. And my mom-in-law is the sweetest one .. but recently I have tried so many DIYs like the oinion juice, making rose water, made ubatan once at home, and all that, that she might think I have lost it if I try this at home. :) And the Omved one is really good and lasts quite long. So sticking to it for now.

hehe…yup is difficult when someone is all time there and looking at what you doing ๐Ÿ˜€ even I prefer to be alone in all such endeavours…if I do these in front of my mom, she will think me a nut case ๐Ÿ˜€

• Roshni says

I agree. Living alone has its advantages :) Though I have nothing to complain. Hubby dearest is very supportive of whatever I do ๐Ÿ˜€ .. so is mom-in-law .. though sometimes she thinks I am nuts :p

thanks a lot, that’s really sweet of you :)
      yup, I am sooooooooo excited ๐Ÿ˜€ can’t wait for my flight either…I always get anxiety attacks ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Ha I am SUPER lazy just like you and don’t wash my hair as much as I should. I’d wake up earlier but I like sleep far too much. Thanks for this post!

I have softened and Exfoliate my lips with petroleum jelly and sugar. Just mix and use a toothbrush to rub gently with the toothbrush and your lips are so soft and fresh looking.

To Exfoliate and soften lips you can use petroleum jelly and sugar. Simply mix the 2 use a toothbrush on your lips softly and viola softer, fresher and more kissable lips :)

Hi Swathi,

I have a very oily skin :( .. Can you suggest me which Sunscreen will suit me???? Watever i put on my face., its gets oily in just sometime.. Do you know any good water based Sunscreen?? How about Lotus Safe sun Matte Suncreen?? Do you think its good?