What do you think of new Barbie? {Your Opinion}

I have never been a doll girl. I have had only two dolls in my life and the second was after the first was thrown out and the second survives till day inside its poly-cover. I was more of the stuffed toy gal but still all my toys are surviving till date and proudly displayed on the drawing room shelf.

The worst damage has been done, in fact, by the kids who used to frequent out house a few years back to my mickey mouse who has lost one of its eye and the nose has come off :( But, I totally love it. Its my sweetest mickey :) Nothing can ever replace it and, thankfully, my mom has never thrown it away.

Anyways, a few days back I came across the extra-glammed up version of the classic Barbie and she is even more glitzy and dolled up. Dontchya think? I really think Barbie has a very wrong effect on children. They get wrong ideas about how should they carry themselves. Look at the sparkles. What do you say?

Comments

1. Roshni says

As a kid, I was a big fan of barbie. I had one barbie and I doted on her. I even tried to stitch clothes for her. But you are right, these days barbie has a wrong effect on kids. My niece had 13 barbies (thankfully she is over barbies now) before she turned 10 and was so obsessed with them that it was scary. Instead of a toy, barbie has become more of a gimmick now.

I used to own about 10 barbies including Ken(her boyfriend)..Some of them were still in their boxes..and slowly the numbers started dwindling because I wud give them away to my friends..I had them just for collecting purposes..
    Then when my baby brother was born, I would find the head of 1 barbie in one room and the leg in an another..

oh my gosh!!! you are a barbie girl…oh she had a bf also??? didn’t know that ๐Ÿ˜€
      haha, bros cant stand dolls AT ALL ๐Ÿ˜€ good that you gave away some to your friends…at least you saved their lives when on thinks like toy story ๐Ÿ˜€

3. Padmaja says

I too had two dolls… one was a doll which used to open and close eyes… one was somewhat similar to a barbie… I lost it :(

I used to adore barbies… I still do ๐Ÿ˜‰
    But ya …the way they are, they make a wrong impression on impressionable minds …

barbies,my friend, has i would say a full room of barbies for her daughter,the kid is so obsessed,by the time she gets a new ,the older one is out of her mind,i personally feel yes swati it glamourized more than a doll,i feel the amount of money she spents of barbie can actually help a poor child for his education,no offence but yes i wld also prefer mickey mouse

Well to be honest. I’m wealthy and as a child I had an entire box filled with barbies. I had huge play sets for the fairies and carriages with barbie horses. I even had ‘Scary Spice’ and ‘Baby Spice’. I used to play with a few of them, every little girl has her favorites. But I grew out of them very quickly when ‘Bratz’ arrived, they’re basically a diva, slut version of barbie. I have now passed most of the dolls on to my younger sister but kept the ones that are worth something for myself such as special editions and what not. Though they are all in perfect condition. But yes, barbie’s do present a concerning images for young children. I used to get extremely upset because I didn’t have long blonde hair. Instead my hair was long and black, I always wondered why barbies didn’t look like me and decided it was because I was ugly. Of course that was a very long time ago. But I have known other young girls to get upset over their appearance far to young.

You know thats a collectors edition barbie its not meant for children its meant for adult collectors.

*sheepish* i should have thought of that ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks for letting me know but otherwise the post is my opinion about all the barbie dolls in general!