Pomegranate Health Drink for Pregnant Women {Pregnancy}

As I have mentioned earlier that I had severe nausea during my pregnancy so I could never eat properly. Consequently, I became very weak. Looking at my condition, my doctor husband suggested this extremely healthy, even if it sounds nauseating, juice.
Ingredients
  • 1 medium size pomegranate
  • Few black grapes
  • Half beetroot
Method
Grind all of them in a juicer. Add pinch of black pepper and black salt and bit of sugar, if you like.

Nutritional Information

Pomegranate is a rich source of iron and folic acid (remember my post on Importance of Folic Acid) which are really important for baby.
Beetroot is a great source of iron, folic acid, anti-oxidants, calcium (again very important for pregnant women) and other nutrients including potassium, magnesium, sodium, Vitamin C among others.
Contradiction : Important

Black Grapes
I had somewhere read that this fruit should be avoided during pregnancy coz it produces heat in the body which is harmful for the mother and the baby. But, in my experience, I had this juice for whole 9 months of my pregnancy and even after delivery and it did not harm me at all, instead it improved my health.
If it causes constipation to pregnant women, one can use it after peeling the skin of the grapes (which is quite a bit of a work). Black grapes are also used as medicines to treat many diseases like cardiovascular, diabetic complications, constipation and chronic fatigue symptoms.
They help in suppressing the growth of breast cancer cells due to the anti-oxidants. They are also rich source of flavonoids and minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and Vitamin C.
Results
This juice gave a lovely pink glow to my skin. This is a low calorie, low cholesterol and low fat juice. And, extremely beneficial for both mom and baby.

Punam is a mom to one and half old baby girl who is very naughty which I can make out while just talking to Punam on phone. And, she really sounds adorable too. And, another advantage Punam has is having a orthopaedics doctor as a husband. And, she has recently put up an amazing post on homemade mosquito repellant on her blog. Do check it out.

Other posts by Punam:
How to deal with nausea?
Dealing With Heightened Sense Of Smell
Importance Of Folic Acid
Using laptop and mobiles during Pregnancy
Lakme Perfect Radiance Intense Whitening Capsules Treatment

Comments

• bebeautiful withpunam says

@gene bernice : i think there is nothing harmful in taking green tea coz its rich in antioxidants which helps in reducing free radicals which are harmful for cells,so in my opinion its safe but one should make sure to not to drink too much

1. Coral Crue says

I have pomegranate juice every week, the picture is making me very thirsty. it has varied health benefits.

2. Padmaja says

Once again nice post Punam! :)

pomogrenates are also full of antioxidants…and right about black grapes increasing heat…they are asked to be avoided during periods…
    but beetroot is something which is difficult to get through atleast for me …

and this juice will be gud for anyone…thanks for sharing :)

• bebeautiful withpunam says

Thanks padmaja, yes you are right pomegrenate is full of antioxidants but abt black grapes its confusing coz i had this juice during my pregnancy & even now i couldnt feel any problem, probbly mixing it with other ingredients helpd…?
      & beet root is something difficult for every1 but if you mix it with this juice you cany have the advantage of it without bearing the taste of beets.. what say ??

yup Padmaja, I totally forgot to write that this juice would be great for anyone!!! It was in my mind but slipped out.
      once I had beetroot juice and I was like “Oh my God!!!” ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ yup, Punam, you are right, its a better way to get beetroots into the system :)

3. Roshni says

Hi Punam. Thanks for sharing this health drink. The pics are so yummy! .. one question, since you mention it might sound nauseating .. please can you tell me how does it actually taste? From the ingredient list, I dont think it would be very bad. :)

• bebeautiful withpunam says

swati & roshni it only sounds nauseating (esp for me during pregnancy :)), U r right roshni it doesnt taste bad, as d main ingredient is pomegranate it will slightly supress the taste of beet root & black grapes will add tart taste to this juice & adding black salt will make better,if you are using mixer dont forget to sieve it

hehe…yup these pics are awesome na :)
      haha, that was me mentioning that…adding masala to the post…in fact it sounds nauseating to me ๐Ÿ˜€ lets see what Punam says!!!

• bebeautiful withpunam says

@about scabies: thanks dear, yes you are right beet root & pomegranate both helps in increasing hemoglobin & thats why i got lovely pink glow on my skin:)

4. nidhi says

hi swati
    i do not know whether my comment(question) would be apt here or not..but i would like to know ..is becoming a mother a good thing ?
    i mean..i feel scared with all the responsibilities,pain,stretch marks,no time for self..and the list goes on.
    my family is pressurising me and i do not know what is right ?
    i love kids..may be am just scared of the responsibilities..but i want to know what good things happen after you become a mother (so that i can convince myself :)