Dare to Change : Use Stairs

I am starting a new series starting this month. Since I have changed the place of my dwelling, it has given me a new energy and I want to explore myself beyond I have ever gone. So, I shall start with simple challenges and might move on difficult ones. For now, I have a simple challenge:

Avoid lifts and Use Stairs especially when going up!!

My apartment is on 5th floor and I am getting an overdose of potatoes these days :( So, keeping my weight in control is getting damn difficult. So, I hit upon this simplest solution to use the stairs instead of the lift. I have already been trying this out for a couple of days and today morning, its brought me to a point that I am not really able to walk :( I am feeling lethargic and can feel a little pain in the legs.
Ok, I have never been an athlete in my life and have hardly exercised so this simple work actually seems pretty heavy for me. You can say that on average, I have to climb up 5 flights of stairs 2-3 times a day and probably none on weekends if I sit around being lazy and lying down. Anyways, I do feel muscles in places I have never felt before and its fun in its own way ๐Ÿ˜€
PS: Ok, there is one relief in this resolve. I can use the stairs lift while coming down if I am getting late or feel too tired.

So, the Dare to Change series is a push to change my lifestyle for the better. Would you care to join in?

1. Divine Blush says

swati for fifth floor you have planned to walk .. but people in my office use lift for first floor i use to give a slap like look .. if someone who is pregnant they can use the lift for first floor .. but these peoples… :/

preggy people are always privileged but others…can’t help!!! also, there is a common feeling that when something is free, why not avail it ๐Ÿ˜€
      waise I remember the time when I was interning, my office was at 7th floor and we used to climb the stairs…all of us!!! not everyday but occasionally!!!

Thats an awesome idea swati good thinking i myself also feeling the urge of losing my weight guess this might prove useful

Swati..!!!I think u mean lift in the below line!!

‘PS: Ok, there is one relief in this resolve. I can use the stairs while coming down if I am getting late or feel too tired.’

4. Padmaja says

Nice challenge Swati!
    But climbing upto 5th floor is somewhat difficult..I too reside on 5th floor :)
    Hope your Dare to do posts motivate me and others who need a little push ๐Ÿ˜€

haha…I know Padmaja…sometimes it just leaves me so drained out!!! so, I did make a loophole in my resolution – I can take lift while coming down ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€